Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Au questions....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Au questions....

Could someone be added as an au for an line of credit account? If added does a hard pull have to be done for that person?

Does the lender report to all 3 CRAs for an AU?

Would a hard pull have to be done when adding a AU to an account?

i am asking this because my mother will have very little to no credit history at after all the errors on her reports are deleted. i wanted to add her as an AU to all my accounts so she would at least have a few credit accounts with perfect history.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Au questions....

An AU for an LOC? I don't know. YMMV based on lender I guess. Typically when adding AUs for CCs, there's no hard pull for anyone.

Per reporting, that's also up to the lender. I haven't seen any LOC examples for AUs, but there are some CC AU TLs that don't report. Many do report on all 3.

Message 2 of 5
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Along these lines, will a credit report in any way indicate when you were added as an AU?

Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

The "open date" will be added. For CCs, anyway, the date the TL was org. opened would be listed as the open date. In other words, the full history carries with the AU. However, there have been some recent posts within CCs that could indicate otherwise. Seems like a poster recently said their Amex or Chase (I really can't remember) made the open date the date they added the AU, which was pretty much unprecidented before.

Message 4 of 5
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

I hope it'll be the original open date (even backdated due to prior shopping), because I don't plan on becoming an AU om my wife's six months old Costco Amex (which will lower my AAoA) until we have applied for a Discover card (and I probably shouldn't do that until some inquiries have fallen off).  I also wonder if it'll be best for her to inquire about a CLI now (a Request a Line Increase button is shown online) or just before I become AU in half a year or just after I do or maybe Amex will get around to it before we do Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.