Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auth User Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auth User Question

Hi,

Do the major card issuers "backdate" an AU to the credit history of the Primary holder?  I.e., will my 5 year AMEX show up as a 5 year AMEX for my wife if I add her as an AU?  Vice versa, she adds me today as AU to Cap One she's had for 10 years?  Do I get the 10 year history?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
silkysean
Regular Contributor

Re: Auth User Question

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Do the major card issuers "backdate" an AU to the credit history of the Primary holder?  I.e., will my 5 year AMEX show up as a 5 year AMEX for my wife if I add her as an AU?  Vice versa, she adds me today as AU to Cap One she's had for 10 years?  Do I get the 10 year history?

Thanks in advance!

Cap one does not back date period and Amex stopped back dating Accounts recently.Dont know exact stipulations since you are existing holder before new changes but I still do think Au they won't back date 

Message 2 of 4
iv
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Most issuers (but not Amex) report an exact duplicate of your tradeline on your AU's report (just with the Responsibilty field set to AU).  So yes, the history and start date from your account are carried over to the AU.

Amex creates a brand-new tradeline, and reports that, starting from the date the AU was added. (This was very different in the past for Amex, and "backdating" with Amex was NOT the same thing as how a standard AU shows up for all other issuers.)

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am an AU on Capital One for 4 months and reports as 3 years 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.