Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User Not buying a Tradine

tag
AyaMai
Frequent Contributor

Authorized User Not buying a Tradine

Do you loose the history of being an authorized user on someone's account if you are no longer one such as on Bank of America. Your input is appreciated. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

Re: Authorized User Not buying a Tradine

@AyaMai wrote:

Do you loose the history of being an authorized user on someone's account if you are no longer one such as on Bank of America. Your input is appreciated. 

In my case yes a few years ago I removed myself on 3 AU accounts and the history was gone from Chase, Discover and Wells. Once you request to be removed from AU accounts, in my case it was hard putting them back on. Had to go the legal route for AUs to be added back on. 

The Wells AU is the only account not added on EX and EQ, but added to TU. I no longer need these AU accounts, but it also doesnt hurt me to have them my account, since the primary only uses them for monthly bills. 

Its a 50/50 with AU accounts 

Message 2 of 3
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: Authorized User Not buying a Tradine

@AyaMai wrote:

Yes

The record is removed

History is not reported

It can happen next cycle or sometimes take a few months, however it should fall off unless something goes wrong.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.