cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avg age lower by 3 years. How many points lost?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Avg age lower by 3 years. How many points lost?

I dropped my average from 9 years to 6 years. I hadn't been monitoring my scores at the time. Can anyone guestimate my score before the drop assuming all other factors were the same. Thanks.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Avg age lower by 3 years. How many points lost?

What are your three FICO scores now? I wanna guess your scorecard and give you an answer.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused111 wrote:
What are your three FICO scores now? I wanna guess your scorecard and give you an answer.

My score last year right after the average age drop was 700 with new accounts over 2 months. I know now that 30 points was for inqs and 10 points for new accounts. So probably my score before was 740 but a 740 3 years older would be I don't know. Smiley Happy Thanks for guessing.
Message 3 of 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

ilovepizza wrote:
I dropped my average from 9 years to 6 years. I hadn't been monitoring my scores at the time. Can anyone guestimate my score before the drop assuming all other factors were the same. Thanks.

A change in average-age from 9 to 6 years shouldn't be that bad. Even with an average-age of 6 years, you are still boderline FICO score high achiever with this one criteria. I would guess, and this is only a guess, less than a 15 point drop in scores.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's getting hard for me to gain points. 3-4 points even is a lot to me these days. To me 15 points is a huge number. lol. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.