cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best ways to simulate what my score would become if I did these…

tag
JNesbit89
Contributor

Best ways to simulate what my score would become if I did these…

I have a good 750 FICO on Experian, but I'd like to see or guess what might happen if some of my future goodwill letters removed late reports, or if I removed a dispute, or removed a hard inquiry. Should I use the one on here or another? For instance I have a total of 3 accounts that have ever had late payments, and 2 of them only missed 1 month ever. If I could get those two fixed via goodwill letter, wonder if score would jump

3 REPLIES 3
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

Re: Best ways to simulate what my score would become if I did these…

While the simulator here is better than others I've seen, it still sucks rocks compared to reality.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 2 of 4
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@JNesbit89 wrote:

I have a good 750 FICO on Experian, but I'd like to see or guess what might happen if some of my future goodwill letters removed late reports, or if I removed a dispute, or removed a hard inquiry. Should I use the one on here or another? For instance I have a total of 3 accounts that have ever had late payments, and 2 of them only missed 1 month ever. If I could get those two fixed via goodwill letter, wonder if score would jump

To the best of my knowledge, there is no simulator that you can use to estimate a score change when late payments, disputes or inquiries are removed.

The effects of late payments are dependent upon the age and severity with the most severe trumping the less severe. For example, if you have 2 30 day lates and a 60 day late you can expect no score change for removal of the 30 day lates if the 60 remains. 

Inquiries are a tiny number of points in the grand scheme of things and have no effect on your score after 365 days. In general, it is not worth fighting over as you frequently have to prove that it was a fraudulent inquiry.

For disputes, easiest way is to see what the score change was when the dispute was made.

Message 3 of 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@JNesbit89 wrote:

From my experience, there is no such thing as a good simulator.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.