Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI and new CSP FICO Score Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI and new CSP FICO Score Question

Hey folks,

So I just got approved for a new 10k SL CSP card and a few CLIs on my other cards. My limit went from 9.5k to 23k in the past 2 days! LOL!

I believe my utilization is now something like 5%

Any idea what the impact to my score will be now that my utilization went and dropped from 25%-5%??

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI and new CSP FICO Score Question

The impact will be substantial.  If you have a credit monitoring service, you'll be able to answer that question by watching how your scores change in the next 30 days.

One quick thought, though.  It sounds as though you may have been unable to pay off your credit card debt in a long time.  If you could do that, you'd have already been able to easily answer what your scores do when your utilization goes down to 5%.  You'd just pay down your cards and see.

Instead, your method of lowering your utilization was to extend your credit limits.  So congrats on having higher limits -- but I encourage you to work on paying off your entire CC debt and and then pay your CC bills in full each month.  When you do that, it's easy to expreiment and see what you scores look like at 1%, 5%, 8%, 15%, whatever.  More than that, it enables you to start setting aside substantial amounts of your monthly income towards savings, rather than always being in debt to CC companies.

Just a thought.  Congratulations again on having the higher CLs.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.