Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO Becomes Less Impact?

tag
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

CO Becomes Less Impact?

When does a CO start to have a less impact on your score? Paid CO if it even matters.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: CO Becomes Less Impact?

Moving to understanding FICO scoring
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

A CO, paid or not, is still a major derogatory.  Though the impact fades over time, there will still be an impact for close to 7 years.

Message 3 of 6
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

The last deliquent on CO was in 2010 but I paid it Feb of this year so does time of impact start from 2010 or Feb of this year??
Message 4 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 5 of 6
samdubs
Contributor

I have researched this CO thing a lot on these boards and other forums. No one really knows which is very confusing. All I ever see is the fact it will remain for 7 years and then fall off at 7.5 max. The whole squirrely thing is the counting of how the dates are 30,60,90,120.150 etc and for each of those we get dinged. The 30 fades fast, the 60 a bit slower, but we get hard on the score for the other dates when it all on the same account that went into a CO status. It confuses the consumer that is for sure.

I have definitely improved my scores from 544 to what it is now from all the help on these boards.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.