Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR Questions

tag
Susyflower
New Contributor

CR Questions

Today I pulled my three credit reports from MyFico and recieved my scores and reports for all three CRA's. I've noticed some things that are different from when I've pulled a CR from the annualcreditreport.com website.

For example: I have an auto loan with a CU and when I pulled my EX credit report from annualcreditreport.com it shows up on there.  When I looked at my Experian CR from MyFico this morning the auto loan does not show up at all.  I'm so confused!!! I've had the auto loan since October.  Why would it show up on one EX CR but not the other one?  Also on MyFico my auto loan is only showing up on my TU CR not EX or EQ.  Can somebody maybe answer the question of why this is?  Does this mean my auto loan is only reporting to TU?  Is this something I should talk to my bank about?

7/29/2008 MyFICO = TU:708; EX:741; EQ:762
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Susyflower
New Contributor

Re: CR Questions

BUMP....

Has anybody had the above happen to them?

Another Example: EX CR from annualcreditreport.com shows a baddie from a late I had with a BP/Citi backed gas store card that is set to drop off in October according to the CR.  The EX CR that I got via MyFico does not have this account listed at all.
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Hiya Susy!
I understand your confusion.
Here is my answer.  Each CRA maintains a wealth of your credit data. That is your "credit file.": When you get a "credit report," it is a sanitized version of yoour credit file.

Then along come commercial vendors who want to market and sell "credit reports" based on the data from each CRA. 

So each vendor contracts with each CRA as to what data they will be entitled to in their commercial product.   Each vendor then extracts only what they choose to show in their "credit report," and how they want to show it.  There is no standard for what is provided in the CR sold by any commercial vendor.  The only standard is legal prohibitions of what they cannot show are:
1. normal CC delinquencies over 7 years,
2. collections and chargeoffs over 7/12 years fro last delinquency
3. Chap 7  bankrupticies over 10 years.

Your commercial credit report is not a report of your credit file.  It is only what the vendor has access to, and has chosen to include in your "credit report."

The free and governmentally mandated credit report available once a year from annualcreditreport.com is the absolute best credit reprot you will ever receive.

Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Susyflower wrote:
Today I pulled my three credit reports from MyFico and recieved my scores and reports for all three CRA's. I've noticed some things that are different from when I've pulled a CR from the annualcreditreport.com website.

For example: I have an auto loan with a CU and when I pulled my EX credit report from annualcreditreport.com it shows up on there. When I looked at my Experian CR from MyFico this morning the auto loan does not show up at all. I'm so confused!!! I've had the auto loan since October. Why would it show up on one EX CR but not the other one? Also on MyFico my auto loan is only showing up on my TU CR not EX or EQ. Can somebody maybe answer the question of why this is? Does this mean my auto loan is only reporting to TU? Is this something I should talk to my bank about?
7/29/2008 MyFICO = TU:708; EX:741; EQ:762

Hi, Susy, this shouldn't be happening. It sounds like the info isn't flowing properly from the source reports to the myFICO reports.

So you know for sure that the auto loan is on your full EX report, correct? And it's on your myFICO TU report, so that means it must be on your full TU report. Have you pulled a full EQ report?

Your scores are generated from what is on each credit bureau report, so if the loan is there, but not on the myFICO report, that means it's being scored, it's just not displaying on the myFICO report. Once you know for sure that it's on all three of your full reports (those that you pull from annualcreditreport.com), you can call myFICO customer service and ask if they can figure out why it's only displaying on the EX FICO report.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.