Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in comments caused +16 increase.. but why? 🤔

tag
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Change in comments caused +16 increase.. but why? 🤔

Happy Sunday,

Any thoughts would be helpful. Just received an alert on myFICO and my score increased 15 points in my EQ. I did before & after review of my report and the ONLY thing that changed was the comments on a credit card account. It went from ‘ variable rate credit card to Closed by credit grantor’!

Not complaining but why would this increase my score? #baffling

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
CramEiko
Established Contributor

Re: Change in comments caused +16 increase! 🤔

@Aspireto850 wrote:
Happy Sunday,

Any thoughts would be helpful. Just received an alert on myFICO and my score increased 15 points in my EQ. I did before & after review of my report and the ONLY thing that changed was the comments on a credit card account. It went from ‘ variable rate credit card to Closed by credit grantor’!

Not complaining but why would this increase my score? #baffling

Thanks

Interesting. I would have thought that "Closed by Credit Grantor" would have been not as good as "Closed by Consumer".....?

However, when Mervyn's closed down for good I had an open store card. Never used it but it reported for may years as a positive (age) even though it said closed by credit granter. I thought maybe that one was different being that they went belly up and closed.

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 2 of 4
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: Change in comments caused +16 increase.. but why? 🤔

I don't believe the comment would have increased your score. It may be more in line with your AAoA have gone up from January to February (1 month + to your previous AAoA). Depending on what your AAoA was before, that might be what impacted your score.

Also @CramEiko - Closed by Credit Grantor or Consumer has no effect on one's score. Either or basically states it was closed. As long as the card is in good standing, it isn't a concern.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Change in comments caused +16 increase.. but why? 🤔

OP, the change in comments was not the cause of your score change.  Something else happened and no doubt it was non-alertable.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.