Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi FICO scoring?

tag
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

Citi FICO scoring?

So Citi sent me an email today saying my FICO is available on their website. Went and checked and they said it was an Equifax FICO 8 score, but the range was from 250-900. Is this trustworthy?

[2/2019]
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi FICO scoring?

It's FICO Bankcard 8, not FICO 8.
Message 2 of 15
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

Ahh, good catch. So how useful is this scoring then?

[2/2019]
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's useful in that some lenders might use the FICO bankcard version, also useful because free EQ FICO 8 is hard to come by so you can use this score to predict changes on your EQ FICO 8.
Message 4 of 15
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@jdbkiang wrote:

So Citi sent me an email today saying my FICO is available on their website. Went and checked and they said it was an Equifax FICO 8 score, but the range was from 250-900. Is this trustworthy?

Yes it's trustworthy. As others point out it's the EQ Bankcard 8, not the EQ Classic 8.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 15
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

So would this be closer to the EQ Classic than the Vantage Equifax score on CK?

[2/2019]
Message 6 of 15
iv
Valued Contributor

@jdbkiang wrote:
So would this be closer to the EQ Classic than the Vantage Equifax score on CK?

No. All three (EQ 8, EQ 8 Bankcard, and EQ VS3.0) are different score models.

"Closer" is not a meaningful term in this case. You can't use any one of these three scores to estimate any of the others with any reasonable accuracy. They are different. Different weighting, different min/max scales, different reason codes...

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 7 of 15
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

My profile its higher than my FICO 8. I'm 750 FICO 8, 761 FICO Bankcard 8. Guess FICO looks at credit cards in a different light. Someone here may know the protocol.

Message 8 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@FireMedic1 wrote:

My profile its higher than my FICO 8. I'm 750 FICO 8, 761 FICO Bankcard 8. Guess FICO looks at credit cards in a different light. Someone here may know the protocol.

I don't think anyone has sufficient data to really diagnose the Bankcard industry options.  

We got a few things on AU long ago over in the Auto Loans forums when a few F&I guys stopped by and gave some analysis of all the reports they'd seen and resulting scores but it's all anecdotal without any real testing behind it.

Generally speaking iv is correct, they are different; however, what's generally good for Classic scores are also good for the industry options like Bankcard and Auto too.  Vantage that's not always the case.

        
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1My profile its higher than my FICO 8. I'm 750 FICO 8, 761 FICO Bankcard 8. Guess FICO looks at credit cards in a different light. Someone here may know the protocol.

I believe the reason here is likely due to the 900 score cap on BCE 8 verses the 850 cap on Classic 8.  From what I've seen, most people report their BCE 8 score as being higher than their Classic 8 score (both using EQ data of course).  My BCE 8 is currently 875 compared to 847 on Classic 8, so a 28 point variance.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.