Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections - PFD, Reporting/Scoring Timelines

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections - PFD, Reporting/Scoring Timelines

How much success have people had with the pay-for-delete letters?  It seems like a worthwhile option to explore, but I'm not sure how much to get my hopes up.

**Edited to ask:** If I have several collections items, is it the quantity of the collections accounts or the value of the collections accounts that drives down my scores?  I could afford to pay (with PFD) several smaller ones ($10-$79) before doing the two larger ones ($300-$400).  Is it better to drive down the total dollar amount or the total number of collections items?

Regarding timing of collections items on my report - does the 7 year countdown start from the assigned date or the reported date?  There are a couple that will drop off in just a couple months if it's from the assigned date, so I'm inclined to let them wait, but they'll be around a while longer if it's from the reported date.

On my Equifax report, the collection agency names are all listed as serial numbers (e.g. 19YU00000).  Does anyone know how I could go about getting more detailed contact information?

mdw

Message Edited by mattwarner on 05-02-2007 01:47 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collections - PFD, Reporting/Scoring Timelines

mattwarner wrote:
How much success have people had with the pay-for-delete letters?  It seems like a worthwhile option to explore, but I'm not sure how much to get my hopes up.

Regarding timing of collections items on my report - does the 7 year countdown start from the assigned date or the reported date?  There are a couple that will drop off in just a couple months if it's from the assigned date, so I'm inclined to let them wait, but they'll be around a while longer if it's from the reported date.

On my Equifax report, the collection agency names are all listed as serial numbers (e.g. 19YU00000).  Does anyone know how I could go about getting more detailed contact information?

mdw

The success rate is quite high. The 7 yrs starts from the DOFD.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amounts aren't important. It's number and how recent. Focus on collections in the last 2 years.
Message 3 of 4
dallas01
New Contributor

PFD----I've talked to 4 CA's and 2 will do a PFD. I called one CA and was just asking about the bill. It was due to fall of in 2009. This bill was for 51.00 it was mine that insurance didn't pay. Anyway the lady found my account and out of the blue she told me that she would delete if I payed. I didn't even ask her.

Anyway I didn't think she would follow through. Much to my suprise when I updated my reports yesterday it was already taking off 1 of the 2 CRA's. TU is still on but I think they are the slowest to update anything.

Make sure you get it in writing!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.