Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections and Score Volatility

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections and Score Volatility

I have seen my scores weeble wobble upward over the past month going for AZEO too.  My scores currently reflect about 94% to AZEO.  I should have the 3 reports to AZEO come around 20th of this month if all report timely.

I have one remaining baddy it is on my TU and EX; with my EQ being clean (no lates, no collections, all positives).  You can see the point difference down in my signature between EQ(totally clean) and TU/EX with the one remaining collection due to fall off in next 6-8 months.

You can see now the difference that one baddy is making on the two scores...hopefully like you are thinking the scores will even out once baddy gone of TU/EX.

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes PR is public record scorecard. That unpaid chargeoff reporting monthly is whats continuing to suppress your score. Once it’s paid you’ll see that stop.

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Derogatory scorecards are split into 4: 2 are public record and 2 are delinquency, then out of each group of 2 they are divided into recent and mature.

The 2 with a collection are on a PR card; the other is in a delinquency card.

Message 13 of 24
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous, Really enjoy reading your knowledge and wisdom.

I have used some of your stuff to help a few people fix their credit. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 24
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes PR is public record scorecard. That unpaid chargeoff reporting monthly is whats continuing to suppress your score on those two bureaus. Once it’s paid you’ll see that stop.

I wonder why a chargeoff would be considered a "public record".

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 15 of 24
TheKid2
Frequent Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes PR is public record scorecard. That unpaid chargeoff reporting monthly is whats continuing to suppress your score on those two bureaus. Once it’s paid you’ll see that stop.

I wonder why a chargeoff would be considered a "public record".

I don't believe a CO is in the PR scorecard, it's in the deliquency scorecard. I believe a collection puts you in the PR scorecard.

Additionally, since CO (or 120+) is considered a serious derog that doesn't really improve with age, it likely is in the worst deliq scorecard.

JOINED 4/2020

FICO 8 = 582, 620, 589 / Mortgage = 633, 526, 581

CURRENT PEAK *Thanks to the MF Community!

FICO 8 = 715, 711, 720 / Mortgage = 688, 696, 681

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous, Really enjoy reading your knowledge and wisdom.

I have used some of your stuff to help a few people fix their credit. Smiley Happy

My pleasure indeed! Glad to be of assistance my friend!

@SouthJamaica The chargeoff only is EQ and in the delinquency scorecard, but TU and EX have a collection and are in a PR scorecard. (Sorry edited I probably screwed you up because I had it backwards)

@TheKid2 Severity is split into delinquency or public record. Further segmentation is based on recency, so it's either recent or mature delinquency scorecard.

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m gonna try to talk @Anonymous into making me a little flow chart to explain it graphically.

@Thomas_Thumb  has one that he is going to update when he gets a chance, so depending on which happens first. 

I think we definitely need 1 for the primer to make it easily understood. Heck, 2 would be better than 1.

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Speaking of which, PM me please @Anonymous.
Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologies to everyone. Due to my lack of sleep, I screwed up the two with the one and stated it backwards, but I went back and corrected my posts.

EQ has no collection, only chargeoff and lates; therefore it is in delinquency card.

TU and EX have a collection and are therefore in PR card.

@Brian_Earl_Spilner  was describing the difference utilization has between the two scorecards.

Either way, with paying the chargeoff, your scores will begin to rise, at least as far as they can in those cards. Plus whatever points for utilization you may get. Did you say it was reporting regularly?

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.