cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Check Total to end this Year?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Check Total to end this Year?

I was just told this yesterday when I called to check why my discount had been discontinued and they had charged me the full $30 vs $15.. I just finished posting on this matter, so it is  true? I wasn't offered any discount anymore but was suggested to look at other Experian products. Does anyone have any other idea what kind of products I can get to get this similar monitoring on all bureaus? I have Capital One so they give me Transunion and I also have the Equifax credit monitoring but I want Experian directly from EX because their information is always is way different than what other credit sites that claim to give you EX info are giving me. Thanks.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have done less than 10 trials over the last 15 months, but I have rarely needed to wait on hold to cancel using the main number. The entire call usually lasts about 2.5 minutes for me. I just try to call during a time that I think will be less busy such as on a weekend or near closing time. 

You can actually cancel it on the website now.  Just go to your account and hit cancel.  Now I was on the paid version and did it so not sure if this will work if you are using the $1 trial.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

You can actually cancel it on the website now.  Just go to your account and hit cancel.  Now I was on the paid version and did it so not sure if this will work if you are using the $1 trial.

It works just fine.  A best practice though is to wait until Day 7 and do your second (free) 3B report/score pull before doing the online cancel.  If you cancel online before Day 7 (which you can do) you miss out on that second pull.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous

It works just fine.  A best practice though is to wait until Day 7 and do your second (free) 3B report/score pull before doing the online cancel.  If you cancel online before Day 7 (which you can do) you miss out on that second pull.

Good to know.  I will have to try this again.  They keep asking me to try for 7 days again.  How long do you have to wait to do the $1 trail again?  Every 30 days?

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, no wait time is necessary. If you cancel your $1 trial on Day 7, you will likely be prompted/greeted on Day 8 upon logging in with, "Congratulations! You're eligible for another $1 trial membership."
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.