Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma Score Simulator(CKSS)

tag
joeyv1985
Frequent Contributor

Credit Karma Score Simulator(CKSS)

All,

Playing around with  CKSS, and it currently shows a CL of $30,050 across all credit cards and a $5,225 Current Balance. It seems like if I pay down the balance to $1,175, my CS will increase 23 points. Anything below that my score will actually drop! How accurate is this model? It shows that if I keep my CU between 3.91% and about 7.3%, I'll see the biggest increase in my CS. Sorry if this has been discussed. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Karma Score Simulator(CKSS)

@joeyv1985 wrote:

All,

Playing around with  CKSS, and it currently shows a CL of $30,050 across all credit cards and a $5,225 Current Balance. It seems like if I pay down the balance to $1,175, my CS will increase 23 points. Anything below that my score will actually drop! How accurate is this model? It shows that if I keep my CU between 3.91% and about 7.3%, I'll see the biggest increase in my CS. Sorry if this has been discussed. 

Pretty much all simulators are garbage and completely inaccurate 

Message 2 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Your at 17 +/- util %. Get that below 8.9% and you'll see a nice bump.Simulators are false hope as @dragontears posted.

Message 3 of 7
joeyv1985
Frequent Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Your at 17 +/- util %. Get that below 8.9% and you'll see a nice bump.Simulators are false hope as @dragontears posted.I pa

I paid all my credit cards a couple of weeks ago to 0 Utilization. Currently at about $500. We'll see what happens when the get reposted to the credit agencies. 

Message 4 of 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Message 5 of 7
Trudy
Valued Contributor

You will likely lose points as FICO penalizes for all zero balances.  Credit Karma's Vantage score may reward you but it's a Vantage score which is used by less than 10% of creditors, if that.  Use CK for monitoring the activity on your accounts which makes it valuable since it's free.  Disregard the scores.  You get recommendations from CK based on your CK score but that's not guaranteed because the lender will look at your FICO score to make a decision, which could be extremely higher or lower than a Vantage score.  Different metrics, different outcome. CK is free and why they peddle credit.

And simulators do not appear to take into account all of your information; current ages, current derogs, etc...anything specific to you other than UTL.  This is why it is mostly thought simulators can't create an accurate prediction.  Many call it trash.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 6 of 7
joeyv1985
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for that. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.