Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score Plateau

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Score Plateau

File thickness is based on both open and closed accounts.  That being said, the OP has 7 accounts on his CR, so his file can no longer be considered thin.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@AllZero it has been the same for about 2 alMost 3 months I believe. I was hoping it would go at least a little bit over time.

2-3 months is not "over time" when you're talking the credit game.  The credit time line is over years, not months.  Unless you have dramatic things changing with your file (dirty file becoming clean, massive utilization paydown, etc) score gains will be slow.  One way to stunt score growth though without question is applying for credit.  With your youngest account being 3 months old, you've got a decent amount of time to go before you see any real (more than a few points) gains IMO.  I think your first benchmark will be when your AoYA reaches 12 months, where you may see 15-20 points gained at that time.  That of course assumes no new accounts are acquired between now and then, otherwise the clock gets reset.

Message 12 of 14
zerofire
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@zerofire I use USAA and CapOne for very small purchases ($40 or less) and practice AZEO for the most part. Sometime my Chase FU carries a balance of $90 and my BCE carries a balance no more than $150.00. My Experian app is showing my overall utilization at about 6%, would usage this low hurt my score as well?

I will just have to play the waiting game and let everything age Smiley Happy

If you are using AZEO then you are over optimizing the score. However the amount charged is not large enough to cause too much of a difference if you let it report. The things that are hurting you most are the young age and small limits. Mostly the former than the later. Sit back, relax, and wait 10 months.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 13 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@zerofire wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
@zerofire I use USAA and CapOne for very small purchases ($40 or less) and practice AZEO for the most part. Sometime my Chase FU carries a balance of $90 and my BCE carries a balance no more than $150.00. My Experian app is showing my overall utilization at about 6%, would usage this low hurt my score as well?

I will just have to play the waiting game and let everything age Smiley Happy

If you are using AZEO then you are over optimizing the score. However the amount charged is not large enough to cause too much of a difference if you let it report. The things that are hurting you most are the young age and small limits. Mostly the former than the later. Sit back, relax, and wait 10 months.

Util is what matters. FICO doesnt care what the credit limit is. Its whats reported.

@Anonymous  as long as you stay under 8.99% your fine.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.