Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score

tag
Matthyl
Established Member

Credit Score

I am looking to improve my credit scores. I have been paying my CC on time and  have no missed payments on my auto loans. I am a little frustrated as when I see the reason for my low score it says that I have missed payments on multiple accounts, which I do not see on any open accounts that I have, when looking at my credit reports. I suppose what I am asking is: how far back does credit history go when computing scores? Thanks in advance for any insight.  

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Score

For bankruptcies it can go back 10 years.  For other negative items it can go back 7.5 years.

What tools are you using to pull your reports and scores? 

Message 2 of 7
jamie123
Valued Contributor

They look at all your accounts whether they are open or closed for the past 7 years for missed payments. Do you have any closed accounts with missed payments?

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Missed payments are missed payments.  It does not matter if they are on open or closed accounts, it only matters how old they are. 

If missed payments didn't matter on closed accounts, everyone would close their accounts that had late payments on them to improve their credit scores.  If it were only that easy!

Message 4 of 7
Matthyl
Established Member

Thanks for the response! The credit scores that I am accessing are on my CCs. But I do know that they may not be accurate, so I recently ordered my fico scores from all three bureaus, and I ordered my reports directly from the bureaus. 

Message 5 of 7
Matthyl
Established Member

Thank you for your response! I do have closed accounts with missed payments. I guess that's where the problems lie. I will focus not missing any payments from here on out. 

Message 6 of 7
Matthyl
Established Member

Thank you for your response! I do have closed accounts with missed payments. I guess that's where the problems lie. I will focus not missing any payments from here on out. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.