Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card use age and FICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card use age and FICO

I'm trying to keep my credit card utilization low to help boost my score , but I had a question. Does it matter how much I spend on a credit card on a monthly basis as long as I pay it all off before the card issuer reports the monthly balance? I'm thinking that as long as my balance is zero when the balance reports each month, it doesn't matter to my score whether I spend $5 or $5,000 in the interim. Is that right?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit card use age and FICO

The only usage that matters is balance reported to the bureaus.

You don't want all your credit cards reporting $0. See my signature link for the AZEO method to get 10-20 point boost versus all reporting $0.

You also don't want all your installment loans paid off, see the Alliant SSL Technique in my signature link as well!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit card use age and FICO

You are correct in that spend does not matter at all with respect to FICO scoring.  It's also worth pointing out that higher credit limits are also not a factor that impacts FICO scoring outside of their potential impact on utilization padding.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.