Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit % used ratio is wrong???

tag
Familywantsahouse
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit % used ratio is wrong???

I have the same thing on a 6.5 year old charge off. I find it RIDICULOUS that in addition to the charge off they can continue to punish you nearly SEVEN years later by factoring it into your utliziation. It's not BEING utililized, that's the WHOLE idea behind a charge off.

anyways, same exact deal. NCO is "servicing" my debt. I sent them a settlement offer not even for deletion at this point, just to report a zero balance.

I offered 25% of the ridiculously overinflated more than double the original CL amount they are claiming we owe. It's literally going to fall off in 6 months...

We're going for a mortgage and this is THE score killer right now. Fico simulator estimates a 100 point increase to pay it off.

I'm going to send out another offer today. 30%. Otherwise, they can bite me...This is our only baddie now Smiley Sad

2/24 (Lender Pull) EQ 613, TU 553, EX 589
April EQ 633, My Fico TU 638, EX ??
Current EQ 643, TU 652, EX 633 (lender pull 5/11)
Goal (we made it!!)- Over 640 middle by 5/15
Message 21 of 23
Bullcrappy

I have been reading most of the nite.  It seems the Pay for Delete (PFD) is about dead.  The CRA's are giving CA's and OC the smack down?!  They don't like their data being messed with or skewed and makes their services less valuable.

So when they catch wind of companies doing this they warn them and if they abuse it they will stop letting that company report to them.  And as you can imagine that is the death of a CA.

Message 22 of 23
Bullcrappy

Thanks all for the help.  this thread has answered most my questions.

i going to start a new one with some SOL and Cap1/NCO questions to keep it clean.

thanks again.

Bull

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.