Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit utilization and charge off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit utilization and charge off

Hello, Hope all is well. Me and my husband will be applying for auto loan soon so I’m trying to make sure utilization is where it needs to be. From what I understand that is at 8.9% is this correct?
I want to know if I need to count a charge off account balance into the mix or just credit cards? Obviously I’m trying my best to get best credit scores for apr on auto loan. My credit is new and I’ve seen my scores fluctuate 30 to 40 points. I believe I have my scores and utilization understood however my husband has a baddie on his report and just wondering if balance on that baddies is reflected in his utilization?

Also I have better score w low income and he has better income with low scores than me so are we better off doing a joint application or him co signing for me? Which would give us better approval odds and the best apr?

Thank you in advance for any input 😍💯
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit utilization and charge off

OP

To answer your question,

If the CO is a credit card(?) Then yes. It is affecting your UTL. Paying it down to $0. will help with lowering your UTL%.

Hope that helps some?

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response. It was a installment loan. Would that still count like a credit card?
Message 3 of 4
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

No. But, it will still count towards DTI ratio, in terms of a manual underwriting review-in this case the auto loan.

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.