Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTI Ratio Question...

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

DTI Ratio Question...

Is my rent payment part of my DTI ratio calculation?

If so, is this bad: 

Gross income a month 5600

Car loan payment 650
personal loan payment 320
rent 1000
gas card payment 50

that puts my dti ratio at about 36.25 % is that high?

Keep in mind I have no cc debt since I consolidated to personal loan above...not that this helps me dti ratio though
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DTI Ratio Question...

Hi Andy. DTI is not a component of credit scoring at all. Income is not considered anywhere in the scoring models.

It's certainly useful for your personal finance for budgeting purposes though. Very important to live within your budget.

As this is a credit forum, I'm not quite sure I understand your questions. sorry.
Message 2 of 3
sh9730
Regular Contributor

Re: DTI Ratio Question...

Depends on what you are trying to do? 

For your FICO score?  No.  Unless your rent somehow reports to the credit bureaus which I doubt.

For a CC application? Probably not. Most just use the FICO score, but some do ask what your monthly obligations are which would include rent.

For a Mortgage?  No. This is because you will be replacing the monthly rent with whatever your NEW housing payment would be, and that NEW payment will be included in your DTI when determining how much loan you will qualify for.

Hope this helps.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.