Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Devastation :(

tag
Fixfico1990
Valued Member

Devastation :(

just was pre qualified for a mortgage Thursday....yesterday I got a credit alert stating my score dropped 38 points. The cause was a dispute being resolved! let me rewind a few weeks here. I called my cc company to explain that a late payment was inaccurate from November 2013. Instead of removing the late like they said they would they initiated a dispute. I found out t hey were disputing this through my mortgage lender. I called capital one and they said "sorry there must have been a miss understanding, we will remove the late payment and send a letter to all 3 credit reporting agencies with our new found information." they agreed to fax me this information as well. The letter states that the late payment of November 2013 was in accurate and that it should be removed and will be sent to all 3 beureus. The dispute was resolved with equifax and the late payment is still on there! I don't know if they didn't receive the letter yet from capital one or what. But my score dropped 38 point s and this is going to jeapordize my mortgage. my lender says he can do a rapid rescore fax the late removal to the beureus. Will this bring back my 38 points?! Ughhh I'm so devastated. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Devastation :(

Removal of the offending problem would normally result in a return of the FICO points.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.