Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences in Scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Differences in Scores

I think I posted this in the wrong section earlier-sorry! Long story short, I am new to the MyFico and credit world. I have been trying to clean my report up after a failed relationship took it's toll on my finances. I've been cleaning up for about 6 months, got my scores from the low 400's to about 654, then they dipped to the 600's about a month ago, paid off a line of credit I had and now, I purchased within hours of each other, the Suze Orman Kit on here, pulled TransUnion and Equifax, stated my score with Equifax was 638, and TransUnion was 650. Then I had my free trial with TrueCredit for TransUnion still, so I updated my credit report and score on their end and I showed something completely different, 725 for Equifax, 708 for Experian and 686 for TransUnion.

I have a free monitoring service through work for Equifax, so I pulled my score through the Equifax site and it said 622. I don't know what to believe!!!!!!

I know you might say that's a lot of pulling, but the "soft" pulls, when you request your own scores/reports don't affect your score.

I am about 90 days out from having a house built, they just got the permit approved and now I am worried about maintaining my approval for the loan because of my dip in scores, I think what happened was, the line of credit that I paid off, was reduced from 15K to 5K, not because I was late or anything like that, but because the company is in dispair and basically wants to protect their "assets" or at least that's what I was told. It's through HFC/Beneficial (love them, Just Kidding!)

I don't know if I should go now and have my lender pull the report just to see what they get, or sit and wait. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
GregB
Valued Contributor

Re: Differences in Scores

The TU and EQ you bought on this site are FICO scores and are your "real" score since that is the same, or closest that you can purchase, to the score that will be used for your loan.

The Truecredit scores are completely different and not used by any lender. Their scoring range goes to 1000, instead of 850 in FICO, so they are normally much higher. They are based upon different information that gets weighted differently, so there is no direct relationship.

I believe EQ will still let you get an actual FICO score, but charges extra for it.

Truecredit is a nice presentation in the changes of the info on your reports. If a CC reports a new balance, it highlights the change, so you can easily pick out exactly what changed. It can be worth the money for the monitoring but don't waste any money on a useless score.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.