Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different varities of FICO scores?

tag
wakefield622
Established Member

Different varities of FICO scores?

My hubby has a Citi CC as well as a Walmart CC. Both give him FICO scores, the WM shows a 647 while the Citi shows him a 667. Hyundai Motor Finance also gives him one and it's showing a 635. We are watching our credit very closely and want to have a good idea of what his score actually is. Should we splurge and sign up for My Fico? Even though we get his scores through all of those other places?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Different varities of FICO scores?

@wakefield622 wrote:

My hubby has a Citi CC as well as a Walmart CC. Both give him FICO scores, the WM shows a 647 while the Citi shows him a 667. Hyundai Motor Finance also gives him one and it's showing a 635. We are watching our credit very closely and want to have a good idea of what his score actually is. Should we splurge and sign up for My Fico? Even though we get his scores through all of those other places?

It's utterly your call, but from the sounds of it you might be better with the instant in time pull rather than the monitoring solution.  You do get 1 of the 3 scores monitored by myFICO with your Walmart card once a month.

If you have a busy report (lots of changes going on) then the monitoring solution can be fantastic for the quicker positive feedback, or if you're like me and wind up being a credit geek it has it's uses, but a lot of people do just fine with a mix of free services (Credit Karma and the like) plus a few of the scores to use as benchmarks from the freebies credit cards and others are now giving.  

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.