Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disappointed...

So, according to myFico, myFico8 Scores are EQ 622; TU 630; EX 655, I've been trying to get my scores up for a House Purchase, so today I spoke with the realtor and they pull my credit, Universal CR was the company they used, and to my surprise, my credit scores, according to them its EQ 597; TU 566 EX 540.  Where in the hell did they got this numbers from?

14 REPLIES 14
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Disappointed...

Those are most likely your mortgage scores, which are different from Fico 8 scores.

You can get those if you have a membership here which allows you to see them, or you can pull a 3B report and pay for it.

March 2014: Abysmal, low 500s

April 2015: TU 607 | EQ 599 | EX 608
March 2019: TU 717 | EQ 727 | EX 727
Message 2 of 15
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

By the way, if you go to the mortgage loans forum, you can read all about Fico mortgage scores, what they are, how to get them, and how those score models may differ from Fico 8 (although I'm not sure that last bit is readily available).

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JayTee1 wrote:

Those are most likely your mortgage scores, which are different from Fico 8 scores.

You can get those if you have a membership here which allows you to see them, or you can pull a 3B report and pay for it.

I do have a membership and no score from this website matches the numbers they gave me.

Message 4 of 15
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

Are you sure you're looking at your NON Fico-8 scores?  The mortgage scores are Experian Fico 2, Trans Union Fico 4, and Equifax Fico Score 5.

These will differ from Fico 8 scores.

Your original post lists your Fico 8 scores, but not these other scores.

If you can validate these other mortgage scores at MyFico, and they're significantly different from the scores your potential lender is providing, I'd follow up with them.

I don't know of any lenders who use different scores from these Fico mortgage scores.  I'm not incredibly experienced, but I've been looking at a mortgage for quite a while, and every lender I've talked to and every post I've ever read on this board has indicated these are the scores lenders use.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JayTee1 wrote:

Are you sure you're looking at your NON Fico-8 scores?  The mortgage scores are Experian Fico 2, Trans Union Fico 4, and Equifax Fico Score 5.

If you can validate these other mortgage scores at MyFico, and they're significantly different from the scores your potential lender is providing, I'd follow up with them.

I don't know of any lenders who use different scores from these Fico mortgage scores.  I'm not incredibly experienced, but I've been looking at a mortgage for quite a while, and every lender I've talked to and every post I've ever read on this board has indicated these are the scores lenders use.

Experian Fico2 = 507

Transunion Fico4 = 547

Equifax Fico5 = 586

according to myFico website this are the numbers as of June 29, 2016.

Thank you for your input, at least now, I have an idea what scores the mortgage lenders look at.

Message 6 of 15
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Sometimes they use their own version of scores, and they can differ from what you are using. Sorry you found out like this, but hopefully you'll be able to still achieve your goal soon.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 15
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@JayTee1 wrote:

Experian Fico2 = 507

Transunion Fico4 = 547

Equifax Fico5 = 586

according to myFico website this are the numbers as of June 29, 2016.

Thank you for your input, at least now, I have an idea what scores the mortgage lenders look at.

The problem with working with those scores is that either you have to wait 3 months to get them with the 3B MyFICO package, or you need to spend money to get them.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 8 of 15
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

FYI, I just upgraded to "premier" and get them once a month now.

I did that as I'm in the process of obtaining a mortgage for a specific property.  I'll downgrade once that's done.

I don't know if "premier" is new or if I just didn't choose to use it when I upgraded from the one-score basic version.  Regardless, it is there.

I will probably cancel credit check total now, since I was using that for the monthly reports.

Message 9 of 15
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@JayTee1 wrote:

FYI, I just upgraded to "premier" and get them once a month now.

I did that as I'm in the process of obtaining a mortgage for a specific property.  I'll downgrade once that's done.

I don't know if "premier" is new or if I just didn't choose to use it when I upgraded from the one-score basic version.  Regardless, it is there.

I will probably cancel credit check total now, since I was using that for the monthly reports.

Wow, thank you for that information. I never knew about the Premier plan, giving 3B reports every month. I'm gonna get me some of that Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.