Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution of Money for Debt

tag
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Distribution of Money for Debt

Diamond wrote:
Taking out the loan with the credit union was an idea I had because I want to but a home in about 6 months. I want to get this debt paid off and I DON'T want to charge them up again. I have come to realize this cycle of debt and I am tired of having it. I understand it will be of no use to me if I use the credit union to consolidate only to charge those cards back up. That is not what I want to do. In fact I have taken all my cards out of purse except my debit to force myself to use cash. If I have to come all the way home to get a cc then I have time to think about if the purchase is really worth it.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I guess what I have learned from all this is the best way to get a good FICO score and keep one is to keep debt down and pay on time. I always pay on time but I gotta keep my debt down. I am not sure if the CU has even approved the loan but either way I am still sending triple payments to my cc's to pay off one way or another. 

Yep.. Keeping your balance is low is just as important as paying on time!
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.