Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Collections Breakpoints Exist?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do Collections Breakpoints Exist?

I currently have two medical collections left with a balance on my report that I am making weekly payments on and they are coming up on being reported for one year (9/16).  I know that other derogs have a lesser impact as they age, is that the case with collections as well?  For example when they hit a year old next month (one will actually be paid off by then) will I see a slight score increase because they aren't as recent?  If so, is the date that really matter the DOFD (9/15) or when it was actually reported as a collection?  In know when it comes to deletion it is the DOFD, but I plan on paying the collection off.  I'm planning on apping for a mortgage in the very near future, but if I would see some type of change from this in the next month, I might just wait.  Other than this, and keeping my credit card balances low, I really just need time to distance myself from past late payments.  These collections are also showing up as my last late payments too depending on where I look.  Is there some type of threshold to payment history as well, either time without a late payment or on-time payment percentage?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.