cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do the 3Bs have specific dates they update?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do the 3Bs have specific dates they update?

Hey guys! My Experian just got a HUGE bump in score from having a collections removed (hoping its for real and not temporary due to the dispute). Equifax and TU are still showing it, though. I also noticed that all my payments for March have been reported to Experian already, but aren't showing reported under EQ and TU (even though they do report to those CBs every month).

Does Experian just update their information earlier in the month than the other two? Is that even a thing?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: Do the 3Bs have specific dates they update?

The bureaus update as new information is received from the creditors -- but there is often a delay.    In my experience,  Experian is the fastest of the three to update, usually within 1-2 days of the creditor reporting the data to the bureaus... followed by Equifax a day or two later, and Transunion, being the slowest, is usually 5 days later.     You just have to be patient.

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do the 3Bs have specific dates they update?

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate the information.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.