Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ FAKO......EQ FICO

tag
dujaidecor
Contributor

EQ FAKO......EQ FICO

Is it possible to have the same FICO score and FAKO score? I thought FAKOs were scored differently?

Starting Score: TU488 EQ483 6/4/12
Current Score: TU 662 EQ 670 EXP ??
Goal Score: 680

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: EQ FAKO......EQ FICO

It is possible for the scores to be the same but very unlikely. 

Message 2 of 6
dujaidecor
Contributor

Well i got a SW alert on Friday for 604. I logged into my EQ account i use to view changes and score was also 604

Starting Score: TU488 EQ483 6/4/12
Current Score: TU 662 EQ 670 EXP ??
Goal Score: 680

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.

Message 3 of 6
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

My EQ FICO is currently 680, and my USAA EQ FAKO is also currently 680.   They are not always the same, and occasionally I notice a significant discrepancy, but more often than not, they are quite close to each other.

My USAA FAKO for EX is 690, 3 point difference.

My USAA FAKO for TU is 699, 3 point difference.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 4 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

They can certainly be the same but since FAKOs and FICOs follow different scoring rules it is really just an anomaly.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 6
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Some FAKOs are closer than others.   My Credit Karma scores are aren't even reasonably close.

Even though some of them are sometimes close, the discrepancies make them inconsistent with the real FICO data needed to judge if you are in good shape for a lender's approval.  I am not saying that FAKO scores are a substitute, just that my USAA FAKO (which I get because I use the CMS service) is often close.  Of course, if you are going to pay for a product just for the score, you want something that has a higher percentage of reliability to be what the lender will see.  There is only one score you can buy which has that kind of reliability right now: the EQ FICO from this site.  

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.