Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ Fico is up to something with me today - lost 20 points :(

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: EQ Fico is up to something with me today - lost 20 points :(

Update:

Here the results of my little game. 28$ reported and I lost 20 points - now reported to 0 and got +3 points back only. I guess that is the punishment for playing around with Score Watch Smiley LOL

FicoIncr.png

Message 11 of 16
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: EQ Fico is up to something with me today - lost 20 points :( - Mystery is solved !

Here we go - the mystery is solved !

The whole score drop took place because of the AAoA dropping from 5 yrs 7 months to 3 yrs 11 months the same day the 28$ reported on my Chase card.  I had the oldest account (BofA as closed)  listed twice on EQ due to a renewal card that got lost in mail a few years ago. This account was not supposed to be listed twice but I did not dispute it because it was to my advantace..hmm... that was also the reason why my EQ score was so much higher than EX or TU as they did not list a closed account for that replacement card. 

Just to let you know that the score drop of 20 points was not the balance reporting on account #8 that triggered such a heavy drop and when paid back only got me 3 points back. Like this it would have given the impression that Fico indeed had a memory Smiley Sad ... but I just noticed that EQ had removed the closed account and this gave my score the 17 point boost over a few years.. actual loss was about 3 points I guess the same as I gained when I paid back.  Just thought I would like to clarify this so it does not look like Fico would have a memory Smiley Happy   All good now and it is now reporting the way it should and my little present is gone again but it should not have been there in the first place Smiley Happy   I am glad I have my explanation now.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EQ Fico is up to something with me today - lost 20 points :( - Mystery is solved !

I don't feel so bad now.  For me it seems if I PIF my scores go up higher and stay there, but this past month I let a small amount report and bam! My scores took a dive of more than ten points.  So back to PIF again. 

Message 13 of 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@lg8302ch wrote:

The whole score drop took place because of the AAoA dropping from 5 yrs 7 months to 3 yrs 11 months the same day the 28$ reported on my Chase card.  I had the oldest account (BofA as closed)  listed twice on EQ due to a renewal card that got lost in mail a few years ago. This account was not supposed to be listed twice but I did not dispute it because it was to my advantace..hmm... that was also the reason why my EQ score was so much higher than EX or TU as they did not list a closed account for that replacement card. 

Just to let you know that the score drop of 20 points was not the balance reporting on account #8 that triggered such a heavy drop and when paid back only got me 3 points back. Like this it would have given the impression that Fico indeed had a memory Smiley Sad ... but I just noticed that EQ had removed the closed account and this gave my score the 17 point boost over a few years.. actual loss was about 3 points I guess the same as I gained when I paid back.  Just thought I would like to clarify this so it does not look like Fico would have a memory Smiley Happy   All good now and it is now reporting the way it should and my little present is gone again but it should not have been there in the first place Smiley Happy   I am glad I have my explanation now.

That's quite a downturn.

I'm not sure I've ever read such a large change.

Message 14 of 16
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

That's quite a downturn.

I'm not sure I've ever read such a large change.

It has even been worse for me at the end of 2012 as  I had an AAoA of 18yrs and two cards  Smiley LOL .. that is what happens if you have a very old account which got reported twice 1 x as open and 1 x as closed for a couple of years due to a lost card in mail.  I figured sooner or later EQ will detect the wrong reporting and delete the double.  Smiley Tongue Now all correct and back to garden my new accounts. Adding a ton of accounts with 1 very old card will have a major impact on the AAoA..  I am now curious to see what impact the 4 yr mark will have on Fico. I know 6yrs was the ticket to crossing 800 for me but after my last two cards that further cut my AAoA it will take a while of gardening...Smiley Embarassed

Message 15 of 16
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't feel so bad now.  For me it seems if I PIF my scores go up higher and stay there, but this past month I let a small amount report and bam! My scores took a dive of more than ten points.  So back to PIF again. 

Don't worry... as soon as you PIF you should get all the points back. Sorry I did not want to confuse anybody here ..Smiley Wink  Fico did react as expected with all the facts considered. It was just bad timing and of course the alert  said due to balance increase and not account removal.  Thanks to CK  EQ Vantage score which alerted me of the account drop off I even noticed Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.