Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX Util

tag
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

EX Util

Tracking my DWd score on freeceditscore.com .   When we look at the CR it says her cranberry is 17%.  When we look at the factors effecting her score it says her cranberry is 28%.  Both of these are correct depending on how you figure them.   The 17% is corrrect if her AU accounts are included, the 28% is correct if only the accounts in her name are included.

So does EX not count AU accounts or can they just not give the same info in two different places?

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
stellar
Established Contributor

Re: EX Util

cranberry lol!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What the heck is cranberry?

Message 3 of 7
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

Util is often refered to as Uti .  Uti also stands for Urinary Tract Infection, and a home remedy for a UTI is cranberry juice,  I guess I forgot that the rest of myFico doesn't always use cranberry for UTIL like we do in the Garden thread. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha.

EX doesn't "count" anything account-wise different than TU and EQ.  I think it's just the fluff software that Experian is using that's throwing things off here.  If the AU account is on your CR, it's impacting your utilization.  Credit score wise, your utilization is being viewed as the lesser (17%) amount.  Assuming this AU account is also visible on your TU and EQ credit reports, it would be having the same utilization impact there as well.  It is worth noting that 28% and 17% utilization both fall in the 8.9%-28.9% range, so shifting between those two values in terms of aggregate utilization may very well have no impact on score at all.

Message 5 of 7
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Gotcha.

EX doesn't "count" anything account-wise different than TU and EQ.  I think it's just the fluff software that Experian is using that's throwing things off here.  If the AU account is on your CR, it's impacting your utilization.  Credit score wise, your utilization is being viewed as the lesser (17%) amount.  Assuming this AU account is also visible on your TU and EQ credit reports, it would be having the same utilization impact there as well.  It is worth noting that 28% and 17% utilization both fall in the 8.9%-28.9% range, so shifting between those two values in terms of aggregate utilization may very well have no impact on score at all.

I was also thinking it was the fluff, but wanted someone more knowlegable to confirm that.  I do realize that both percentages are in the same range, but the 17% means she is closer to 8.9 than the 28% and will cross that threshold sooner rather than later. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that is true.  Crossing that 8.9% threshold with aggregate utilization could be worth around 20 points.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.