Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX drop but increase in TU and EQ

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EX drop but increase in TU and EQ

Hi

As the title suggests my fico 8 scores for both transunion and equifax has increased but experian has dropped?  And this is not a marginal drop, it is 14 points...

I have checked my recent reports and they all have the exact same information.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Re: EX drop but increase in TU and EQ

Did you have an old account, installment or revolving that dropped off EX but not TU or EQ? 

Any new inquiries that were pulled only on EX?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have checked my recent reports and they all have the exact same information.

They may have all the same information now, but unless you have reports with their information prior it's impossible to draw a real comparison.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DollyLama wrote:

Did you have an old account, installment or revolving that dropped off EX but not TU or EQ? 

Any new inquiries that were pulled only on EX?

Nope none of that, moreover, EX has the least inquiries for me.  Until recently, it was my highest score (due to that reason I assume).

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Again, you need to compare your EX report before the drop to the EX report after the drop.  Stating that your EQ and TU scores went up really isn't relevant as your EQ and TU scores have no bearing at all on a 14 point EX drop.  14 point drops happen for a reason.  The only way to see the reason is to compare a copy of your EX report pre-drop to your EX report post-drop.

Also, inquiries are one of the least impactful parts of your FICO score.  There are plenty of people who have their best score from the bureau with the most inquiries where others have their worse score coming from the bureau with the least inquiries.  Unless they are very recent, they matter very little.  Also keep in mind that any inquiries over a year old while still present on your credit reports have zero impact on FICO score.  Someone with 3 inquiries that are 3 months old will have their score impacted more than someone with 200 inquiries that are 13 months old, for example.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.