Did you mean: 

EX score down to 683 from 710?

tag
WallyxD
Frequent Contributor

Re: EX score down to 683 from 710?

@LS2982 wrote:

@SnackTrader wrote:

Are you sure you're comparing the same scoring models? Remember, there are FICOs and FAKOs - and even within FICOs there are variations. Given that it is EX, you are likely looking at a FAKO and shouldn't necessarily depend on the score. However, if your utilization did indeed increase to 77%, you would likely see a reduction in your FICO as well, but the amount of that reduction may differ. 

Edit: You posted while I was typing. Potentially different EX models. Which lenders provided which scores?

Unless they were AMEX denials I wouldn't put too much stock in those being EX FICO's.

They were PNC Bank and Freedom Credit Union.

AE CC: $1,050 | AEO Visa: $1,890 | Cap1 QS: $2,100 | Chase Freedom: $1,000 | Citi Forward: $1,500 | Citi Double Cash: $1,000 | Discover iT: $500 | GameStop: $1,650 | Overstock: $1,700 | PayPal Smart Connect: $1,500 | Walmart $2,200

TU (Discover): 663 | EQ (Citi): 651
Message 11 of 12
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: EX score down to 683 from 710?

@WallyxD wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@SnackTrader wrote:

Are you sure you're comparing the same scoring models? Remember, there are FICOs and FAKOs - and even within FICOs there are variations. Given that it is EX, you are likely looking at a FAKO and shouldn't necessarily depend on the score. However, if your utilization did indeed increase to 77%, you would likely see a reduction in your FICO as well, but the amount of that reduction may differ. 

Edit: You posted while I was typing. Potentially different EX models. Which lenders provided which scores?

Unless they were AMEX denials I wouldn't put too much stock in those being EX FICO's.

They were PNC Bank and Freedom Credit Union.

Yeah, may guess is different models or non-FICOs. I haven't seen your denial letters obviously, but just because they say EX doesn't mean they are guaranteed FICO.

Either way, get your Util down if you can. 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.