Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXCEPTIONAL amt of debt?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EXCEPTIONAL amt of debt?

I have zero missed payments or negatives of any kind, that is the biggest factor scoring wise. Next is low utilization at 7% overall, though I have two cards higher at 11% and 20%. CK still wants me to app for a loan to pay of my debt, apparently to them it's a "situation". 

Even EX shows my 7% in yellow, which I take to mean they prefer a lower util. I don't know how much I'd gain by paying down to zero, but I'd wager it's not enough to worry about paying off sooner than planned. While HP don't affect it too much, i have to believe that those  combined with new accounts is what's keeping mine where they are. And not allowing them to age before getting new ones. 

There's only so much one can do to soak every point they can from actions they take. Adding a new account to help improve your score will only lower in the short term.  While most don't want to hear the dreaded be patient, it really is best to just allow your card setup to AZEO for a good spell. I recently had an account age to 48 months and may have had a score increase from that, but it was likely hidden amongst all the other recent changes.

Message 21 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

how come experian only shows you 3 reason codes harming your fico8 score? all other scores show 4, and when getting denied a CLI or credit card the denial letter has 4 codes. it looks like they're deliberately hiding it.

i plan to add a few more cards here very soon, i will take a score hit for that but hopefully it won't be too bad. i like the idea of having cards age together to build the AAoA. there's about 3 different reason codes for credit seeking and i don't know what will trigger them or how bad they will bite. any idea about these?

-----------------------------------------

Too many accounts recently opened

Too many inquiries last 12 months

Time since most recent account opening is too short

Message 22 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

CK still wants me to app for a loan to pay of my debt, apparently to them it's a "situation". 

Even EX shows my 7% in yellow, which I take to mean they prefer a lower util.

Two examples of CMS fluff above.  CK wants you to app for a loan because they make money if you do.  Same goes for their credit card links if you click on them and apply.  They use pretty phrases like "we've found the perfect card for you!" and such to lure people in.  You then referenced your utilization being "yellow" a color designated by fluff software to suggest your not "good" enough (green) when in many cases it doesn't matter.  On many, even most profiles 7% utilization isn't going to be any worse on Fico scoring than a lower percentage, as both values are under the bottom/ideal 8.9% threshold.

All of these things are connected of course to mislead the member into making bad decisions.  For example, one may think, "If I apply for this perfect credit card they found for me that new limit will help lower my yellow utilization to green!"  Or, their inquiry graph shows green for 0-1 inquiries, suggestive that 1 is just as good as 0... so those with 0 inquiries will think taking on 1 (to apply for one of their bogus suggestions for example) has no chance of impacting their score.  It's all very manipulative, so it's important that everyone be educated on the BS.

Message 23 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^ furthering your point on manipulation and preying on the credit-uneducated, look at the other end of their graph, where it says that in order to have a proper account size, you need a minimum of TWENTY-ONE cards! And look, they’ve got links right here where you can app for a few more. How thoughtful and helpful of them!
Message 24 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

what i am discovering is that even fico has lied. we are told that scoring factors are all weighted as such.

35%: payment history

30%: amounts owed

15%: length of credit history

10%: new credit

10%: credit mix

if you place reason codes into the supposed weighting of the score factors they represent it looks like this

my 4 reason codes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

#1 length of time accounts have been established (this should be reason #2 if length of history is 15%)

#2 lack of recent installment loan information (this should be reason #4 if credit mix is 10%)

#3 length of time revolving accounts have been established (this should be reason #3 if length of history is 15%)

#4 too many accounts with balances (should be reason #1 if amounts owed is 30%)

i found a website with a fico rep saying that the weighting of score factors changes based on everyones individual profile, and so the weighting everyone thinks is correct is really just an example.

the reason codes are probably also misleading. so the code for lack of recent installment loan, maybe it will go away if i add a retail store card and some other various accts not just a loan. if that code is only referring to a lack of credit mix.

Message 25 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

what i am discovering is that even fico has lied. we are told that scoring factors are all weighted as such.

35%: payment history

30%: amounts owed

15%: length of credit history

10%: new credit

10%: credit mix

if you place reason codes into the supposed weighting of the score factors they represent it looks like this

my 4 reason codes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

#1 length of time accounts have been established (this should be reason #2 if length of history is 15%)

#2 lack of recent installment loan information (this should be reason #4 if credit mix is 10%)

#3 length of time revolving accounts have been established (this should be reason #3 if length of history is 15%)

#4 too many accounts with balances (should be reason #1 if amounts owed is 30%)

i found a website with a fico rep saying that the weighting of score factors changes based on everyones individual profile, and so the weighting everyone thinks is correct is really just an example.

the reason codes are probably also misleading. so the code for lack of recent installment loan, maybe it will go away if i add a retail store card and some other various accts not just a loan. if that code is only referring to a lack of credit mix.

You're misunderstanding how the scoring factors are weighted.  Fico has not "lied" at all.  The percentages that go into each slice of the Fico pie are what they are, as you listed at the top of your post.  How much they may be adversely impacting a specific score on any given file can vary relative to the other factors.

For example, someone may have no late payments or negative information on their file.  As a result, they may have no negative reason statements related to that 35% sector of the Fico pie.  That doesn't mean that sector isn't "worth" 35% still, it simply means that this person has that sector nailed down and that the other negative reason statements that they're seeing are more important (adversely impacting score).  If this person also has their utilization in an ideal place and no amounts owed related reason statements are present, essentially 2/3 of their Fico score is taken care of so the negative reason statements provided across the rest of the 1/3 of the Fico pie will be for the less important factors.

Using your 4th (least important) reason statement as an example, "too many accounts with a balance" means that you're taking a penalty for having too large of a percentage of accounts with a [non-zero] balance.  If I recall correctly from your original post, you have 2 accounts with a balance.  If you were to move to 1, this statement could drop off.  I too see it with 2 accounts with a balance on my file.  Where you're going wrong in terms of your thinking is that you're equating this statement to 30% of your credit score, when that's not the case.  The vast majority of that 30% is made up of your aggregate utilization (which for you I believe is ideal at 8%) then individual card utilization, etc.  Number of accounts with a balance is an incredibly minor part of that 30% sector.  Out of that 30%, perhaps aggregate utilization (revolving/installment) makes up (say) 22% of it, individual utilization (say) 5% and number of accounts with a balance (say) 3%, just to assign numbers to the discussion.  Your negative reason statement for number of accounts with a balance could be impacting your score as little as 3-5 points. 

Message 26 of 70
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Again, OP, I would encourage you to spend your effort and time  learning and examining the data contained in your credit reporting agency files, rather than reason codes presented by third party sites (or even the sites of those CRAs).   Chasing reason codes is a fool's errand.  Building a healthy profile is a King's.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 27 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

what bothers me the most is that my 2nd reason code is: "lack of recent installment loan information" how can that be affecting me so badly when the fluff statement tells me my creditmix is "very good".

so if my mix is very good, and this factor can only count for up to 10% of the total score, it means it should barely be affecting me not to have a loan.

Message 28 of 70
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

My last time:

Your AoOA is 8 months. 

Your FICO08 scores are above 700.

I recommend you stop chasing reason statements displayed on CRA reports and practice great but standard financial management.

Good luck!

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 29 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BallBounces wrote:

Again, OP, I would encourage you to spend your effort and time  learning and examining the data contained in your credit reporting agency files, rather than reason codes presented by third party sites (or even the sites of those CRAs).   Chasing reason codes is a fool's errand.  Building a healthy profile is a King's.

fico wrote a paper saying the best way to improve your credit score is by paying attention to your reason codes and resolving each of the problems listed. and the reasons are pointing at your data so this should work.

i'm pretty sure the fluff statements are coming directly from fico too. it looks like they're identical on both the myfico and experian sites. we should be able to trust those fluffy assessments. but all of these things don't seem to be adding up. they seem contradictory to themselves.

Message 30 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.