cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expected FICO change with multiple tax lien removals?

tag
beezer32
Regular Contributor

Expected FICO change with multiple tax lien removals?

Hi,

I would like your opinion about my situation. First, let me detail my current status to build a bigger picture; I had a Chapter 7 discharged in June 2015. At the time, my FICO8 was 490, generally across all three CB's. That was 10 months ago. Today, I've managed to dig myself out of the hole a little bit with my FICO8 sitting at 630. I have a fair mix on file (3 major cc's, 3 store and an auto loan), all of which have contributed to my rebuilding process.

A major bottleneck pn my credit is derogatory Public Records (PR's) on my files (all three CB's). There are 4 derogs altogether: 1 Chapter 7 entry and 3 separate released STATE tax liens entries. All 3 state tax liens are 6 years and 1 month old as of March 2016. They are due to be removed by the 7th year after filing date in March of 2017.

So, my question is this: What should I expected regarding a change in FICO scoring once they are all 3 removed?

I've seen posts on here about the effects of having a single tax lien removed but I haven't seen any posts about the effects of having multiple liens dump off of CB file(s). Additionally, is there any way to petition the CB's for early removal?

Thanks in advance for input and commentary. =)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Expected FICO change with multiple tax lien removals?

Because the liens are old and you have a very recent bankrupcy, you won't see much of an improvement.

Message 2 of 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Expected FICO change with multiple tax lien removals?

@Anonymous wrote:

Because the liens are old and you have a very recent bankrupcy, you won't see much of an improvement.

Yup, this.

You may get a handful of points, for reference I had 2 tax liens and one collection on my reports, so far with 1 tax lien and 1 collection gone (1 tax lien remaining) I gained 9-10 points total from the two removals on FICO 8 scores.

        
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.