Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian FICO 2 (Mortgage) Score Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian FICO 2 (Mortgage) Score Question

Makes me think that there's something capping the EX score at 719 if you haven't seen it move over the years.  Potentially witht he updates from the cards that you just zero'd out in an attmept to move the barometer will push your lowest one over 720 w/o you even focusing on it.

When you go back to the info from October did you have more cards in use then or less with $0 balances? 

Did you take out another mortgage in the meantime?  

Message 21 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had seveal inquiries, but no new accounts until this new mortgage process started last month.

Interstingly, the three Chase cards (with balances paid to zero) hit the EQ credit report overnight.  My EQ FICO 8 is now 783 - so it jumped 30 points due to the 3 cards being paid off.

I can't check my EQ FICO 5 score until later today as I use myfico.com to do that - and you have to wait 24 hours between pulls (I did one late yesterday afternoon).

Does anyone know another way/site/method for me to check my current EQ FICO 5 score?  I am fine paying for it - I just don't know where to go to find it.

These were my scores as of yesterday afternoon:

EQ                   TU               EX

FICO 8                         753                 770             792

FICO 5,4,2                   713                 747             719

I need a middle FICO 5,4,2 of 720.

With the EQ FICO 8 jumping to 783 I guess there's a chance the EQ FICO 5 will jump to 720+.

Message 22 of 80
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had seveal inquiries, but no new accounts until this new mortgage process started last month.

Interstingly, the three Chase cards (with balances paid to zero) hit the EQ credit report overnight.  My EQ FICO 8 is now 783 - so it jumped 30 points due to the 3 cards being paid off.

I can't check my EQ FICO 5 score until later today as I use myfico.com to do that - and you have to wait 24 hours between pulls (I did one late yesterday afternoon).

Does anyone know another way/site/method for me to check my current EQ FICO 5 score?  I am fine paying for it - I just don't know where to go to find it.

These were my scores as of yesterday afternoon:

EQ                   TU               EX

FICO 8                         753                 770             792

FICO 5,4,2                   713                 747             719

I need a middle FICO 5,4,2 of 720.

With the EQ FICO 8 jumping to 783 I guess there's a chance the EQ FICO 5 will jump to 720+.

Nope. I know of no way to get the current EQ FICO 5 other than the expensive way... buying a full 1-bureau report from these guys for around $18.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 23 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

SJ - I'm fine paying for it.

Where do I go to do that?  I can't do it at myfico.com - what other site should I go to in order to get the EQ FICO 5 score?

Thanks in advance.

Message 24 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just signed up for EquiFax ScoreWatch.

Their site claims the FICO score shown there is FICO 5 - and it shows a 722 as my EquiFax FICO score.

Assuming this is truly my EQ FICO 5 score, then I should be in good shape with a 722-747-719 set of FICO 5-4-2 scores since I need my mid-score to be 720 or higher what I am trying to pull off here.

Thanks to all for your input.

Message 25 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you can get it through MyFICO, call customer service and they can waive the 24 hour waiting period. That’s in place to make sure you don’t accidentally pull the same report twice but if you tell them, they can turn the idiot light off and allow you to do it. They have done it for me.
Message 26 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m not really sure, but I think they give their own score that is not a FICO score. You may wanna double check if that’s really a FICO EQ5. Call them and ask is it a FICO score, Is my advice.

I almost signed up with them for the daily reports until I found out it was their own score instead of a FICO.
Message 27 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

Per EQ, their "3 Bureau Credit Report and Scores" are some EQ verison of the credit score - but their ScoreWatch product is the FICO 5 version.  Attached is a screen shot.

Please see note by red-outlined arrow.

I will contact myfico.com and update you hereEQU Score Watch.jpg

Message 28 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah!!!!

Just obtained the new FICO 5-4-2 from myfico.com and they are confirmed as:   722-755-719.

That's what I need to get the deal I've been working for.

Thanks again to all here for your help!!!

Message 29 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

Birdman - In reference to our equifax.com credit score discussion:

(1)  If I buy the 3 Bureau Report and Scores from EQ, then EQ uses their own "new" scoring system and my EQ "credit score" there today was 760.

(2)  If I buy the ScoreWatch product from EQ, they actually used the FICO 5 calculation and my FICO 5 score there today was 722.

That info might be of help for others in the future.

Message 30 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.