Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Score?

tag
Sophiamarie
New Contributor

Experian Score?

Ok I am a little confused... I've been reading on the forum that Experian doesn't sell their fico score anymore, but I went to their website and they have a 7-day-trial for $1 and they give you a fico score ... ???

EXP 725 (Amex) EQ 678 TU 735
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Experian Score?

Read the fine print......they give you a score, but it is NOT a FICO score.

Only Creditors can pull your EX FICO, it is not available to consumers.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 8
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

I got my Experian  FAKO from the experian site as well...if you read the very small print at the bottom of the page it explains that the score you receive is PLUS score...don't be fooled. I hate that I cant' join PSECU

Message 3 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Chrisla2077 wrote:

I got my Experian  FAKO from the experian site as well...if you read the very small print at the bottom of the page it explains that the score you receive is PLUS score...don't be fooled. I hate that I cant' join PSECU

Yeah, I really wish more banks did what PSECU does for EX.  Or that I'd started on this adventure a year or so ago when they were still taking non-PA residents... late to the party, and not fashionable this time!

It's one of the things I hate about living out West now, I can't get a moderately real score from the CRA that has the best resolution out here and as such is the most often used.  I'm really hoping this new score site people keep talking about gets out of beta: I'd love to be able to get a real tri-pull on demand while I'm trying to build my credit towards a mortgage.

        
Message 4 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Sophiamarie wrote:

Ok I am a little confused... I've been reading on the forum that Experian doesn't sell their fico score anymore, but I went to their website and they have a 7-day-trial for $1 and they give you a fico score ... ???

EX sells what we call a FAKO score (not FICO). They are worthless. Very few lenders will use a PLUS or Vantagescore. Which website did you go to??? I personally believe freecreditreport.com is worth picking up a monthly membershop to because you'll see your EX file and daily updates to it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 8
Sophiamarie
New Contributor

Thank you everyone! Smiley Happy

EXP 725 (Amex) EQ 678 TU 735
Message 6 of 8
CS800
Super Contributor

I get my EX FICO from PSECU and so far my FICO has always been within 6-9 points of the Plus Score; the Plus Score being always higher.

Message 7 of 8
CS800
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Sophiamarie wrote:

EX sells what we call a FAKO score (not FICO). They are worthless. Very few lenders will use a PLUS or Vantagescore. Which website did you go to??? I personally believe freecreditreport.com is worth picking up a monthly membershop to because you'll see your EX file and daily updates to it.

Very true, you can refresh very often.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.