Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F8 gains for late aging or AoORA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

F8 gains for late aging or AoORA?

Good day all. 

Yesterday (2/1) I woke up to some awesome gains across all 3 bureaus for F8. I'm trying to figure out if these gains were from my AoORA or from a 7/20 late aging. Pulled 3B reports to analyze and nothing has changed. Guessing it's an age increase of some sort because there was no change in reporting and the increase on all 3B's was on the 1st of Feb. Nothing aged off my report and utilization was kept the same since last reporting. Hoping someone has any idea as to what could've caused the awesome increase since I can't figure it out. 

EX + 29

TU + 19

EQ + 18

Since I started my rebuild in October, I've managed to gain 150+ points for all 3B's and I've been trying to analyze and understand what causes increase/decrease in FICO scores. Opened a couple of CC's since then to help the rebuild. 

Synchrony Car Care 10/20

Cap One Platinum 11/20

Discover 1/21 (reported 1/24/21)

Currently gardening my lines until mortgage time mid next year. Just thought I'd get some feedback as to whether these gains were caused from a revolver aging or from a 7/20 late aging.

I don't believe I hit an AAoA threshold. AAoA is 5yrs 8mo. I've kept aggregate and individual utilization the same since November with the exception of the new Discover card, but that was reported prior to the increase. Because I'm not 100% positive on how recent a DQ has to be for recency on scorecard, I am not sure if I'm in the dirty/delinquent/recent or dirty/delinquent/mature scorecard. Maybe someone can help answer that also. 

Aggregate is 9% (counting 2 AU cards).

Cap One is 1%

Discover 9%

Synchrony 1% 

AU cards 

TD 10%
CITI 9% 

Also have 2 installments, but also don't believe any thresholds were crossed on those as I have over 90% on them (both opened in 11/20). 

Gunning for AZEO this next reporting cycle to see how that pans out. 

If anyone needs more info let me know! 

Edited Typos 

Correction sorry, long day. 1st installment opened 9/28/20 and second in 11/20. 

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: F8 gains for late aging or AoORA?

@Anonymous wrote:

Good day all. 

Yesterday (2/1) I woke up to some awesome gains across all 3 bureaus for F8. I'm trying to figure out if these gains were from my AoORA or from a 7/20 late aging. Pulled 3B reports to analyze and nothing has changed. Guessing it's an age increase of some sort because there was no change in reporting and the increase on all 3B's was on the 1st of Feb. Nothing aged off my report and utilization was kept the same since last reporting. Hoping someone has any idea as to what could've caused the awesome increase since I can't figure it out. 

EX + 29

TU + 19

EQ + 18

Since I started my rebuild in October, I've managed to gain 150+ points for all 3B's and I've been trying to analyze and understand what causes increase/decrease in FICO scores. Opened a couple of CC's since then to help the rebuild. 

Synchrony Car Care 10/20

Cap One Platinum 11/20

Discover 1/21 (reported 1/24/21)

Currently gardening my lines until mortgage time mid next year. Just thought I'd get some feedback as to whether these gains were caused from a revolver aging or from a 7/20 late aging.

I don't believe I hit an AAoA threshold. AAoA is 5yrs 8mo. I've kept aggregate and individual utilization the same since November with the exception of the new Discover card, but that was reported prior to the increase. Because I'm not 100% positive on how recent a DQ has to be for recency on scorecard, I am not sure if I'm in the dirty/delinquent/recent or dirty/delinquent/mature scorecard. Maybe someone can help answer that also. 

Aggregate is 9% (counting 2 AU cards).

Cap One is 1%

Discover 9%

Synchrony 1% 

AU cards 

TD 10%
CITI 9% 

Also have 2 installments, but also don't believe any thresholds were crossed on those as I have over 90% on them (both opened in 11/20). 

Gunning for AZEO this next reporting cycle to see how that pans out. 

If anyone needs more info let me know! 

Edited Typos 

@Anonymous lates age at 6 months, 12 months, 18 months, and at 24 months scorecard change from the most recent. You would be dirty/delinquent/recent. What is the age of your oldest Revolving Account? What's the age of your oldest loan and oldest open loan? How many accounts do you have? 

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also when was your previous score pull from? How much time elapsed?
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the OP is on the right track in thinking it has to do with an aging metric since the score gains came on the 1st of the month.  Which it could be, I am not sure.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very likely.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Age of oldest closed revolving account would be 7 years this month 2/1/21

Age of oldest active revolving accounts is 4 months. Opened 10/20

Age of oldest closed installment is 9 years 11 months. 

Age of oldest open installment 5 months on 2/28. Opened 9/28/20 

14 accounts 

8 open (5 revolving 2 install 1 other)

6 closed (3 revolving 3 installments) 

Pulled my 3B/F8 on 2/1/21

Prior to 3B pull it was daily Experian FICO pulls and 1/21/21 3B 

Edit: I take it back. Prior to my 3B pull on 2/1 it was on 1/27 for MyFico subscription. So it's a 5 day lapse on the 3 F8 pull. I got the F8 increase on the 1st for Experian, so I paid for the refresh for the other 2 F8 same day (2/1). So all 3 F8 increases happened on 2/1 for sure, just not sure exactly what triggered it . 

Edited accounts open/closed for typo 

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

7 year threshold age of oldest Revolving Account, I believe.

@Anonymous @AllZero @M_Smart007 @Anonymous @Slabenstein @thornback @Anonymous 

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

So there's a threshold for closed revolvers? 

That's what can cause such a significant F8 increase? 

I figured threshold increases can be worth a few points, but 20+ points for a closed revolver at 7 years seems insignificant tbh.  

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I imagine the threshold exists for either a closed or open revolver, so basically 7 years from the first time a revolver is opened that threshold is reached, even if it was closed the day after it was opened.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly it has nothing to do with whether it’s open or closed it’s just the the oldest Revolver.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.