Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAKO vs. FICO (yes, again)

tag
lolabelle
Regular Contributor

FAKO vs. FICO (yes, again)

I can't remember - Is the Equifax score I can purchase when I get my Equifax free annual credit report a FICO score or a FAKO?

Starting Score: 732 (EQ)
Current Score: EQ 08 - 837! Whoo!! (5/14/14);EQ 04 - 795! (5/15/14) 748 (TU - 5/21/12); 760 (EX - 4/16/12 AMEX pull)
Original Goal Score: 760+ EQ --> decimated!
New Goal Score: Just keep swimming...

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
GiveJoy
Contributor

Re: FAKO vs. FICO (yes, again)

I've always thought that if you purchased your score from this site, it's your FICO score but if you purchase it anywhere else, it's a FAKO. But I could be wrong, as I'm new to all this. So I'll be interested to hear what others say.

Message 2 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@lolabelle wrote:

I can't remember - Is the Equifax score I can purchase when I get my Equifax free annual credit report a FICO score or a FAKO?

FAKO

Message 3 of 8
HiLine
Blogger

@lolabelle wrote:

As a rule of thumb, if there is no mention of FICO, the score is not a FICO score.

Message 4 of 8
Thunder76
Established Member

It's a Fako score it says in small print at the bottom for educational purposes only. Good question though because i purchased it only to find out differentSmiley Happy.
Message 5 of 8
lolabelle
Regular Contributor

Well, bummer.  I wish it wasn't so darned expensive to buy it here.  It would be great if MyFico offered a one-off score for $7.95 like the CRAs do with FAKOs.

Starting Score: 732 (EQ)
Current Score: EQ 08 - 837! Whoo!! (5/14/14);EQ 04 - 795! (5/15/14) 748 (TU - 5/21/12); 760 (EX - 4/16/12 AMEX pull)
Original Goal Score: 760+ EQ --> decimated!
New Goal Score: Just keep swimming...

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 8
Thunder76
Established Member

I know right u gotta pay to play with everything in life. I paid $1 but u had to cancel membership in 7 days. Also trying to dispute ur credit report seems like an act of congress compared to TU and EQ. U can go broke trying to keep up with scores on a weekly basis lol.
Message 7 of 8
Thunder76
Established Member

Also my Bad u said EQ not EX don't know whyi i get the 2 confused. Was relating to EX on the $1 trail which is a Fako also.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.