Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Score increased

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO Score increased

I went on a little app spree it paid off ended up with a discover chrome 7k, Amazon Prime card 1.5K and a Citi DC $500, score dropped to a 629 on EX.

But today I got a little surpise my EX is a 666, EQ 678 and TU 681. And only card that has been report is the Amazon card. My ut is at a 17%. So I can't wait to see once my other two card are reported.

10 REPLIES 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: FICO Score increased

Congrats on a successful spree

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 11
Fitzgibbons
New Contributor

Out of curiosity, why would you want to go on a spree like this? Why do you need or want that make credit cards?
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fitzgibbons wrote:
Out of curiosity, why would you want to go on a spree like this? Why do you need or want that make credit cards?

It was only a 3-card spree.  Many have done that; I have twice.  If someone sees value in adding certain cards, there's no harm in getting them if they're going to align well with personal spend.  The cards the OP mentioned are solid... it's not like he referenced a spree for 3 crappy store cards or something.

OP, if only 1 of 3 of the accounts has reported, it's possible that your AAoA could drop across a threshold when the other 2 report, meaning you could see temporary score loss.  Just something to keep in mind.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I drive 51 miles to work one way and my wife and I planned to do date nights so the discover card gives me cash back on gas and restraunts. We do amazon pantry for most of our household items so I get cash back on my Amazon card. And the citi bank will be my daily driver which I also earn cash back. I will be taking a break for awhile. I don't really use my cap one cards, cause I get no luv from cap one. So that's my logic behind my cards.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the approval! 

Being approved is amazing is it not? I personally have a Discover card, and unforutnantly the IT card does not really help me since I am not a big Amazon fan. I have the Miles card. Something to note is that if you do not like one program you can move around! Discover has the best customer service, and everytime I have called I have always got that warm welcome, and personally thanked for doing business with them. Its really refreshing to see this. 

ALSO! Call them many times to see what kind of PROMO APR they have. 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info, this my 1st disco card.

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations on the approval! 

Being approved is amazing is it not? I personally have a Discover card, and unforutnantly the IT card does not really help me since I am not a big Amazon fan. I have the Miles card. Something to note is that if you do not like one program you can move around! Discover has the best customer service, and everytime I have called I have always got that warm welcome, and personally thanked for doing business with them. Its really refreshing to see this. 

ALSO! Call them many times to see what kind of PROMO APR they have. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Might i ask, what was your score before you started the spree, and how far apart did you apply for each?

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My experian score if I remeber was like a 657.

@Anonymous wrote:

Might i ask, what was your score before you started the spree, and how far apart did you apply for each?

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was the "spree" done all the same day, or was it done over a small window of say....a week?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.