Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO has wrong information

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO has wrong information

Strange story here. I was looking at my dashboard on FICO and it stated I had 1731 in open/revolving accounts. I thought the was strange. My credit card utilization is 4% . When I looked at my report for areas that need attention , there was some old credit card on the account with a high balance of 1711.00. This account was opened in 2007 and closed or charged off in 2011. This account does not show on any of my other credit reports , however Fico shows this account being reported as open and unpaid all through 2019 , 2018 and 2017.
So exactly who can I report this mistake to? Experiment doesn’t have it on my report at all, neither does TU or equifax. So I feel like the dispute lies with someone else?

My first thought was to open a dispute and tell each bureau that FICO has an account that is being reported by them that doesn’t exist anymore ... it this all seems so confusing .

Should I speak with FICO first??

Please help
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO has wrong information

Have you pulled hard-copies of your real credit reports lately?  If not you can from annualcreditreport.com.  It's not uncommon for a CMS, be it MF or some other to have information that differs from your real report.  I would suggest starting with that before moving forward.

Message 2 of 6
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you pulled hard-copies of your real credit reports lately?  If not you can from annualcreditreport.com.  It's not uncommon for a CMS, be it MF or some other to have information that differs from your real report.  I would suggest starting with that before moving forward.

Do what BBS has said and get your reports.   FICO does not maintain a credit report on you.   FICO provides a score based upon the information on your CR.  

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

why should we have to do anything for MYfico??????? why are they in bussiness if they are reporting out dated incorrect info??? somethin needs to be done

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

why should we have to do anything for MYfico??????? why are they in bussiness if they are reporting out dated incorrect info??? somethin needs to be done

They're in business to make companies money based on a risk assessment of you paying your bills on time.

As to the OP.... Which score is impacted by the error?  Thats' probably the report that needs to be scrutinized.

I have an old acocunt that was bought by Cap1 from another bank that still reports on 1 report and it throws me off when looking at total CL's by $1500 but, I disputed it a couple of times now and it's still there.  It should age off here shortly though but, there's always the off chance of something showing up that shouldn't even when you keep close tabs on things.  

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They aren't actually "reporting" anything.  MF is a CMS and like any other CMS reports they can vary slightly from your "real" hard-copy credit reports.  Online CMS reports are what they are.  Most of the time they'll pretty closely match your real reports, but there can be variances.  This is why it's a good idea to pull your hard-copy reports at least once a year.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.