Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO raised 25 points today: paying OC?

tag
Drew
Frequent Contributor

FICO raised 25 points today: paying OC?

I settled a charged off account a few weeks ago and it finally got updated in the credit reports.

My score raised 25 points, is that possible?

Message Edited by Drew on 04-25-2007 08:21 PM
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO raised 25 points today: paying OC?

Did you notice anything else like length of history going up or a deletion of a charge off or is your hard work finally paying off? You have been paying bills on time correct? So many things affect scores we can't see. Enjoy the boost!!!Congrats.
Message 2 of 13
Drew
Frequent Contributor

Well I paid off a charge account which raised my score 13 points one week ago.  Then, my credit watch alert said my score raised 25 points yesterday.  The only thing I saw change was the charged off account showing as "paid/closed".  Isn't that what they use for settling accounts anyways?  If so, I thought settling accounts was not to affect scores at all.

Message Edited by Drew on 04-26-2007 12:25 PM
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratualtions! Now look at that you have a big victory. There will be many more to come as you keep handling those accts. like you have been! Patience is good, and that's just 1 day after all that frustration yesterday, celebrate the small victories.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The score increase was for something else...maybe a baddie fell off, or there was some other technical adjustment. FICO doesn't care if you pay a charge-off.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes they do i just  had a paid collection update on my TU report and dropped 16 pointsSmiley Sad
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's the credit scoring system in action: if you do bad, punish you. If you do good, punish you. These people need to read up on Pavlov and Skinner experiments if they truly want to modify behavior...
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

To:New World

I ama  psychology Major so I truly am laughing my pants off over here, but boy was your last comment true!
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Drew, please note the thread I started on this topic...post your results there. I'm going to collate the data and analyze it a month from now. Thanks.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paying the collection did not increase your score.  Depending on the amount of outstanding debt it may have reduced your perceieved utilization.  Unless you negotiated pay for delete of course.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.