Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO scoring is crazy!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO scoring is crazy!

My score keeps dropping, and I've been good for 2 years now!  I had a 520 TU in Feb. and today I pulled it and it was 516. I just paid off my bad Discover card in March, and got a home loan in February (which isn't reporting.)  I've sent off DV's and Disputes and GW letters to no avail.  Fico keeps telling me there is absolutely nothing good reporting on my CR.  I've not missed a payment on any of my accounts in 2 years!  And I've paid off 3 CC collection accounts since August.  I'll be paying off all of my revolving debt ($10k) (one closed HSBC account and the open Citi loan) at the end of May and the simulator said that would not raise my score.  I simulated paying off the rest of my baddies and the simulator still said that would not raise my score.  So then I put in the pay for a month thing and the simulator said that would raise my score by 20 points or so, yet every month for two years I have paid my bills on time and have only seen my score drop or stagnate.   I have an auto loan, a Citi financial loan, student loans (deferment,) and am an AU on DH's CC (which hasn't stopped showing on my TU report yet.)  --All never missed.  We also just got a mortgage and have already paid 1st month on time (not reporting.)  My CC util should be pretty low now that I'm getting things paid off.  I think I have a decent mix, and I haven't been able to get the Creditors to drop off anything negative by sending GW's, disputes etc... So even though most people have massive jumps in their score, it seems impossible for me.   At this rate, how much longer before I have a decent score?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO scoring is crazy!

waiting4credit wrote:
My score keeps dropping, and I've been good for 2 years now!  I had a 520 TU in Feb. and today I pulled it and it was 516.
Were these both fico scores?  If not, perhaps they were on different scales.
I just paid off my bad Discover card in March, and got a home loan in February (which isn't reporting.) 
The new mortgage may actually hurt you until a few months of payments post.
I've sent off DV's and Disputes and GW letters to no avail.  Fico keeps telling me there is absolutely nothing good reporting on my CR.  I've not missed a payment on any of my accounts in 2 years!  And I've paid off 3 CC collection accounts since August. 
Paying off Charge Offs usually doesn't help your score.
I'll be paying off all of my revolving debt ($10k)
That's a lot of revolving debt..
(one closed HSBC account and the open Citi loan)
A CC closed with a balance is a major score killer.
at the end of May and the simulator said that would not raise my score.  I simulated paying off the rest of my baddies and the simulator still said that would not raise my score.  So then I put in the pay for a month thing and the simulator said that would raise my score by 20 points or so, yet every month for two years I have paid my bills on time and have only seen my score drop or stagnate.   I have an auto loan, a Citi financial loan, student loans (deferment,) and am an AU on DH's CC (which hasn't stopped showing on my TU report yet.)  --All never missed.  
Are you saying you don't have any positive revolving TLs in your name?
We also just got a mortgage and have already paid 1st month on time (not reporting.)  My CC util should be pretty low now that I'm getting things paid off.  I think I have a decent mix, and I haven't been able to get the Creditors to drop off anything negative by sending GW's, disputes etc... So even though most people have massive jumps in their score, it seems impossible for me.   At this rate, how much longer before I have a decent score?

We would have to have details on your baddies and TLs including balances and limits to help you further.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.