Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICOscore drop??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICOscore drop??

How is it possible to lose 9 points on my EX score with a lowered utilization on a store card.? That is the only change on my EX credit report using CCT. I paid off a collection, but it reported on March 1. My utilization on that card went from 79% to 49%. Help me understand please!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICOscore drop??

So I figured it out. I had my husbands closed, but paid, Credit One account listed on my credit report on TU and Equifax as an authorized user. So I disputed it with Transunion and Equifax because I'm not an AU. TU and EQ removed them and now it shows up on my Experian account updated with a $0 balance. I just got off the phone with Experian to dispute it. Why would they notify Experian of a paid in full if it was never reported to that bureau? Will I get those 9 points back when it's removed?? Grrrr....
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICOscore drop??

They more than likely did report it.  The bureaus work independently though so each will have their own time frames to get things posted to your reports.  Also from what I've seen credit scores can fluctuate during the month.  As long as you keep getting an upward trend you will continue to climb upwards.   

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.