Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico Score and Report Products

tag
h0t0ny

Fico Score and Report Products

Hello myFICO Fam!

Im looking to buy a product that will give me a credit report and score, im not sure of which CRA i want it from, but which product would you guys suggest?

Reason im looking to buy one is im gonna request for a cli in april and may for my 2 cards, and also looking to app for a Discover CC soon also and i want a general idea of what my score is right now.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions! Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: Fico Score and Report Products

The most widely used score from this site is the EQ FICO. If you are going to use myFICO, thats the one I would do, possibly even a scorewatch trial since that will give you a report plus score updates for a reasonable fee. As for Discover, they often pull equifax, but could pull any or all.
EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 13
h0t0ny

@DaveSignal wrote:
The most widely used score from this site is the EQ FICO. If you are going to use myFICO, thats the one I would do, possibly even a scorewatch trial since that will give you a report plus score updates for a reasonable fee. As for Discover, they often pull equifax, but could pull any or all.

Thanks, are you talking about the scorewatch product?

Im thinking of just buying one of the reports/scores for 19.95 and just get a general idea of where my score is at, but idk which CRA to buy it from, what would you suggest?

Message 3 of 13
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Well, there are different versions of the FICO algorithms that the lenders use. Most are not available to consumers. The versions authorized here for consumer sale are pretty good baselines though, although the TU version is from 1998 and is very rarely used by lenders anymore. The EQ or EX are a better bet, and are more commonly used. The EX is the newest of the three offered, and you will get that for free monthly once you get your Discover card, but that does not mean that Discover will pull this score for your approval. I recommend the EQ score / report.

If you want to purchase directly from a CRA, EQ does offer a real FICO score on its site, but it is not the default offered score, which is a useless FAKO.  The other CRA's do not offer FICOs. You can get a myFICO formatted report for any of the CRAs from here though, along with a real FICO.

Some people would say that you can't really know where you stand until you pull all 3 reports and scores, but if you want the most commonly used score and one report, get the Equifax.

Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 4 of 13
h0t0ny

@DaveSignal wrote:

Well, there are different versions of the FICO algorithms that the lenders use. Most are not available to consumers. The versions authorized here for consumer sale are pretty good baselines though, although the TU version is from 1998 and is very rarely used by lenders anymore. The EQ or EX are a better bet, and are more commonly used. The EX is the newest of the three offered, and you will get that for free monthly once you get your Discover card, but that does not mean that Discover will pull this score for your approval. I recommend the EQ score / report.

If you want to purchase directly from a CRA, EQ does offer a real FICO score on its site, but it is not the default offered score, which is a useless FAKO.  The other CRA's do not offer FICOs. You can get a myFICO formatted report for any of the CRAs from here though, along with a real FICO.

Some people would say that you can't really know where you stand until you pull all 3 reports and scores, but if you want the most commonly used score and one report, get the Equifax.

Thanks for all the info, yeah, im definitely apping for that Discover card soon, the monthly credit score is great. 

Do you think i should get the one time credit report/score, or get scorewatch if money isn't a factor for my situation? I heard its hard to cancel.

Message 5 of 13
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

You have to call customer service to cancel. So it is more difficult than clicking a button on the website, but not hard. Scorewatch is a great product that I use. It allows you to track your FICO score as it changes and gives me regular updates. If you are not rebuilding and have no future apps planned aside from the Discover, then it might not be beneficial to you, but I enjoy tracking my score and find it well worth the monthly fee.
Message 6 of 13
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Great feedback! Is Discover offering free EX or TU FICO score now?

edit: typo

Message 7 of 13
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

Good catch!  I messed up there.  You are right, Discover offers TU08, along with Barclays.  I was thinking EX since I get that one through a lender too, but it is PSECU that offers the EX score.

Message 8 of 13
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

Good catch!  I messed up there.  You are right, Discover offers TU08, along with Barclays.  I was thinking EX since I get that one through a lender too, but it is PSECU that offers the EX score.

Smiley Surprised I would love to get the EX score for free

Message 9 of 13
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@DaveSignal wrote:

Just a quick correction, you will get TU 08 with your Discover card. But I certainly agree with the rest. Discover pulls EQ (although like stated, can pull others). Also, the score watch trial only costs 4.95, and will get you your EQ Fico, which otherwise is 20 bucks.

EDIT: You guys already caught it, guess I should read all the way Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.