Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico TU08 decline

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Fico TU08 decline

I am trying to understand what happened with my TU08 Score that just posted. the only real change i had since last time i pulled it was I added a new account to my credit report. The funny thing about that is that my eq08 went up 5 points, my CK fako went up 10 points , and my Credit.com Fako went up 36 points,  because of the new account that was added. My TU08 score went down 7 points though, so i am wondering why would TU08 score go down but all my other scores go up from addition of new account. I know some of those scores are fako scores, but my eq08 which is supposed to be an fico score did go up. 

I am trying to understand the intricacies of fico scoring, but it doesn't seem like there is any method to the madness, which is very frusturating. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: Fico TU08 decline

I assume you've taken into account the TU 98 -> TU 08 change.

Beyond that, you would have to also account for various small factors that can bounce your score around a few points, for example small changes in utilization, account aging, old inquiries dropping off, improved AAoA, and so on.

Message 2 of 5
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@user5387 wrote:

Beyond that, you would have to also account for various small factors that can bounce your score around a few points, for example small changes in utilization, account aging, old inquiries dropping off, improved AAoA, and so on.

Yeah the change in score was from my Walmart tu08 and discover tu08 which were about two weeks apart.I don't think I changed much utilization wise just the one additional inq and one new account. I just don't understand how my other scores went up,there must be something wrong with my TU I am thinking 

Message 3 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@mongstradamus wrote:

@user5387 wrote:

Yeah the change in score was from my Walmart tu08 and discover tu08 which were about two weeks apart.I don't think I changed much utilization wise just the one additional inq and one new account. I just don't understand how my other scores went up,there must be something wrong with my TU I am thinking 

The one new acct may have hurt you more than the inq.  Did your AAOA drop?

Message 4 of 5
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@user5387 wrote:

The one new acct may have hurt you more than the inq.  Did your AAOA drop?

I will have to pull my TU 08 to see, the one thing I don't understand is my eq and TU have same data but scores went in opposite directions. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.