Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico XD/Updated with additional questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico XD/Updated with additional questions

My discover card that I was approved for arrived in the mail today. On the paperwork that came with the card it lists my approval score as Fico XD 716 from Equifax.

I can find very little information on this scoring model other than it scores you based on your payment of utilities. The only utility I have in my name is a cell phone bill but it's not a contact type of bill, more along the lines of a prepaid type of thing, so I am having problems understanding how they could score me based on this.
Can anyone give a little more details on how this scoring model works?
Also, could this be an indicator of what my traditional scores might be once they generate?
-----------Update--------
When I signed into my discover card account this evening I had a window pop up asking if I wanted to see my new scores. Discover is now giving me a Fico 8 TU score. I wasn't expecting a fico score for a few more months. I've only had active credit accounts since Sept of this year.
So, I log into credit karma to look at my accounts ( I know not to depend on the scores) and I see I have an account listed for an account I checked into several years ago but never used which hasn't updated since Sept of 2016. It's listed as current and in good standing. This company is no longer in business. Could this account be the reason I got a Fico score so quickly?
Also this greatly increases my oldest age of accounts so I'm guessing that once I generate Fico scores with the other bureaus if this account isn't listed that it will make a large impact on my scores?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Fico XD

Without sounding snarky, did you try Google ?

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 12
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My discover card that I was approved for arrived in the mail today. On the paperwork that came with the card it lists my approval score as Fico XD 716 from Equifax.

Interesting.  Perhaps Discover has moved from using FICO 8 to XD for the CC approvals.  If so, I'm surprised there isn't more talk about this.  For those in the know, how does the XD model compare to Classic 8 and which factors are more heavily scored with this model?

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

000xmas dragging tree.gif            https://www.fico.com/en/newsroom/fico-continues-to-expand-access-to-credit-with-new-fico-score-xd-2

Glad you provided this informative link! Until this thread, I was not aware we have another new FICO Scoring Model XD2 to learn about and deal with. The collaboration of Experian, Equifax and LexisNexis should certainly give us some pause? Now when one goes to receive approvals and needs to unfreeze their credit reports ... do we need to unfreeze three bureaus/information gathers? Smiley Surprised

Message 5 of 12
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting.  Perhaps Discover has moved from using FICO 8 to XD for the CC approvals.  If so, I'm surprised there isn't more talk about this.  For those in the know, how does the XD model compare to Classic 8 and which factors are more heavily scored with this model?

It's used primarily for people with limited or no CR data. 

Once FICO 8 is generated, XD is not used

Message 6 of 12
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

000xmas dragging tree.gif            https://www.fico.com/en/newsroom/fico-continues-to-expand-access-to-credit-with-new-fico-score-xd-2

Glad you provided this informative link! Until this thread, I was not aware we have another new FICO Scoring Model XD2 to learn about and deal with. The collaboration of Experian, Equifax and LexisNexis should certainly give us some pause? Now when one goes to receive approvals and needs to unfreeze their credit reports ... do we need to unfreeze three bureaus/information gathers? Smiley Surprised

No worries my friend..

I just learned of it as well.

Sure seems like overkill to me.. 00AAsmiley-face-cool-2.gif

xmas4.gif

Message 7 of 12
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Fico XD has been around for a couple years. It was targeted toward scoring those new to credit that did not have a standard Fico score. The "XD2" must be a tweaked version. It was developed as an alternative to the L2C score. Discover has been using L2C for those new to credit that don't have standard Fico scores. As with L2C and VantageScore 3.0 XD looks at rental history and may look at payment history for utility, cell phone and other monthly service bills as factors in scoring. [side note - TransUnion purchased L2C at the end of 2015].

BTW - I was looking forward to becoming a senior before year end but, it's apparently not my time.  Generally 3000 is the ticket.

Below is a link to an XD discussion in late 2015.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/New-fico-score-model/m-p/4319375#M101238

Below is an excerpt from a 2015 communication on Fico XD.

Fico XD.jpg

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you to those of you that took the time to provide answers and/or links.
I can only hope that my actual scores will be comparable once they generate.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If anyone could please read the update in my original post it would be greatly appreciated.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.