Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico9 questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico9 questions

So, today I realized that Wells Fargo has moved to Fico 9. Which is awesome for me. However, I don't see that many other companies are doing the same. Is there some info out there that suggests when Fico 9 will replace 8 ?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
EW800
Valued Contributor

Re: Fico9 questions

@Anonymouswrote:

So, today I realized that Wells Fargo has moved to Fico 9. Which is awesome for me. However, I don't see that many other companies are doing the same. Is there some info out there that suggests when Fico 9 will replace 8 ?

I hope we hear from some of our resident experts on this topic.  I know it takes years for new models to become heavily utilized, so I assume Fico 9 is pretty much on-par in that regard.  Do I remember correctly that Fico 9 was released in early 2016 or so?  With it being about two years now (if I am remembering correctly), I would think we would see more Fico 9 usage at some point soon.  Is there any chance that there are elements of Fico 9 that lenders don't like and that it may never be the "go to" score?  

In my case, my Fico 9 scores are about 40-50 points higher than my Fico 8 scores, so I certainly would not mind seeing Fico 9 used more by lenders.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.