cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Made 850 on Score on All Three!

tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Finally Made 850 on Score on All Three!

Excellent job. Congratulations on your success!
Message 11 of 32
Auricom
Established Member

Wow! Can I ask what your report looks like? How many files, AAoA, installments/cards/etc etc etc? I've been working hard on my credit from a non-existent file back in 2012 and I'm still not even in the 800s.

Amex Gold Delta - $21,500
Amex Blue Cash Everyday - $12,800
Chase Sapphire - $24,000
Discover It - $44,000
PlayStation Visa Signature (Cap1) - $10,000
US Bank Cash+ - $21,500
USAA Platinum Visa (AU) - $20,000
Wells Fargo Cash Back Visa Signature - $25,000

FICOs generally 750-800 — 2yr garden
Message 12 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally awesome!!! That does not happen without careful attention to the detail. You have done very well. Congrats! Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Auricom wrote:

I've been working hard on my credit from a non-existent file back in 2012 and I'm still not even in the 800s.

What does your file look like?  800s can be had with only a few years of credit history, so age shouldn't be your constraint at 7 years of depth.

Message 14 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice work OP going from the bottom (BK) to the top in hitting the triple 850.  It's a great feeling, for sure.  It's also clear that you've learned from your past mistakes, which I feel is the most important part, as you're keeping your utilization low at all times now and of course never miss payments.

Message 15 of 32
Tricky3
Valued Member

hi Auricom, I updated my 1st post with my credit highlights.  Let me know if I did not cover something that you like me to list/talk about.

BTW, I'm OCD about utilization, which is why I try and get very high limits on m CC.  I would never even get close to using max credit, much less reach 10%.   Which is really silly to have to do.  I tell friends and family, FICO is a game - once you know the rules you can get great scores, IMO. Me chasing all "850s" was just me trying to see how well I could play this game ;-)

I also try to read the find print on getting CC limit increases, I always ask for them when they are soft pulls.  The higher my total limit, the better chance I'll be under 10% when I need to make a big buy Smiley Happy

My next goal is to get a ample line of credit at a Credit Union that has a low rate (which I am waiting to see if the Fed will drop rates more).

Message 16 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tricky3 wrote:

My next goal is to get a ample line of credit at a Credit Union that has a low rate (which I am waiting to see if the Fed will drop rates more).

Just be careful with low rate cards.  They sound great and all, but for some they become an "okay" reason to pay interest.  Some people justify unnecessarily carrying balances because "hey, it's a low interest rate!"  I see no problem with a low rate CU card, or having one for a just in case situation, but think it's worthy of mentioning that from a financial health perspective one shouldn't even plan on paying interest.

Message 17 of 32
Tricky3
Valued Member

In general, I agree and that has been my SOP - don't pay interest.  I leverage defer credit a LOT and in the last 6~7 years I have not paid any interest, other than home and car(s).

I have some big "home things" I need to do and I don't want to use CC or a regular home improvement loan and certainly not manufacturers credit.  Depending on what is going on, I could be paying it off fast but I have the option not to.

So, looking to take a credit check hit one time and have the line of credit forever, where normally I'd have to use CC, one time loan, or manufacturers credit.  I am talking about home siding, new A/C, all the concrete replaced around my house, etc.

Message 18 of 32
SleeplessinMA
Regular Contributor

@Tricky3 wrote:

Finally made 850 on all credit bureaus!  Granted this is only in FICO Source 8, none of the other scores are perfect - expect for Equifax Source 9.

This is after declaring BK in 2003 and around 2010 I started tracking my score and visiting the forms.  While I have not posted a lot, I have read a LOT!!  Thank you to all that post invaluable information!

BTW, I don't know who else to brag too, without sounding like a total ass.  I hope you guys get that I wanted to brag a bit and not think ill of me ;-)

Outstanding, Tricky3!  You've come a long way from where you were once at, you've earned the

right to BRAG!!  No way ANY of us would think ill of you! 

Congratulations!  You've just shown that it CAN be done Smiley Very Happy

My Wallet

Installment Loans

Current Scores 5/05/23

Current Mortgage Scores 5/05/23

Message 19 of 32
calyx
Super Contributor

Congrats on your 850s!

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.