Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Scores Compilation, Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Free Scores Compilation, Help

Hey MyFolks,

I was compiling a list one night of free apps that check different scores, for free. And I thought I'd share it and see if anyone has anything to add.  It seems like the only free, non-Vantage, true FICO scores are TU scores from your credit card (Discover and a few others, for me).

I can't seem to figure out how to format a table in my post, so I screenshot from my notes app. Can anyone add?Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 09.27.31.png

2 REPLIES 2
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Free Scores Compilation, Help

Free mortgage scores

UNOFFICIAL LIST of credit cards and which score they provide

Not free but 3 Bureau scores and reports for $1 at Experian or CreditCheckTotal (part of Experian). Cancel in 7 days or less to avoid the reoccurring charge.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Free Scores Compilation, Help

@AllZero wrote:

Free mortgage scores

UNOFFICIAL LIST of credit cards and which score they provide

Not free but 3 Bureau scores and reports for $1 at Experian or CreditCheckTotal (part of Experian). Cancel in 7 days or less to avoid the reoccurring charge.

Thanks @AllZero !

I actually have been paying Experian and MyFICO monthly because I feel doing so is an important part of my post-BK journey until scores and credit stabilize more for me. It's an expensive obsession I know LOL, but being obsessed is better than not caring at all, which was how I got to the BK in the first place.

I was just interest in figuring out what was actually free. I was surprised that my Nav app (which I think is for business credit, iOS) provides free Experian Vantage scoring, which even the Experian app doesn't provide. I also was shocked that to "upgrade" that app by paying, you also get a TU Vantage score (what the other apps provide for free! go figure). Along with Credit Karma, you could have three CB Vantage scores for free (if you want them). 

I guess I was looking to see who provides free FICO scores, other than Discover's TU, and BB&T's EQ. I am thinking that the link you provided above will help me in my pursuit. Thanks again!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.