cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have Two New Inquiries and My Score Went UP?!?!?!?!?!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have Two New Inquiries and My Score Went UP?!?!?!?!?!?

Smiley Surprised

I applied for a car loan recently, got denied by E-Loan.  Accepted by Roadloans (though I denied it because it was 14%).

Then I get an email saying I have new inquiries.  Then  I scroll down and it says my FICO score has gone up 15 points.

I was at 659.  Now I'm 674.

I'm waaaaaaaay confused.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Have Two New Inquiries and My Score Went UP?!?!?!?!?!?

It's crazzzy I know...But the same thing happened to me when I applied for some car loans...score went up....Go figure...Smiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your score could improve because it is good to have one or two inquiries per year on your credit reports. It is showing that you are inquiring about new credit. If you look under the credit education side, 10% is new credit. Inquiries factor into this area.
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Usually the 10% for new credit is bad. But if you are relatively new in credit land and have a "thin file" (not many accounts, either open or closed), you can get a score increase by getting a new card with a semi-decent CL. Play with the simulators.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.